VerifoneFinancial Services client success story
Verifone wanted to create a better way to get around cities by mobile-enabling the infrastructure of existing taxi services. In order to do this, Verifone would need to significantly simplify taxi rides and provide quick, easy, and, most importantly, secure payments.
Verifone’s Way2Ride, taxi-ordering service, consists of a server (for all data processing), a consumer-facing mobile app, and a third-party taxi terminal. The app makes the taxi experience faster and easier allowing consumers to see trip history, hail a taxi, monitor the hailed taxi, and pay for their taxi rides with their smartphones at any point during the ride (using preset preferences such as credit card, tip, and receipt).
Exadel applied the following technologies in building the solution:
- Mobile App
- Objective-C for iOS programming
- Java for Android programming
- Flurry in-app analytics
- Jumio Netswipe Scan (now Jumio BAM Checkout)
- Web APIs
- Google Maps
- jBoss application server
- Spring and Hibernate frameworks
- Google protobuf for data serialization
- XMPP (Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol)
- Ejabberd server for XMPP
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Way2Ride makes riding taxis easy and simple. It has already grown to include almost 20,000 yellow and green taxi drivers. By the end of 2015, 150,000 people had already used the app.
- When the app was created in 2014, it was widely recognized for its excellence and received these awards:
- 2014 CNP (CardNotPresent) Customer Choice Award in the Best Alternative Payment Solution category
- 2014 American Business Awards (ABA) Stevie Award finalist in the New Product or Service of the Year–Transportation category
- 2014 Appy Award for Best Mobile Payments
Tell us a bit about your project or what you’re looking for, and we’ll see how we can help you.