If you work with Jira then you definitely know how time consuming it is to process tickets and fill in field values one by one. At Exadel, we developed ticket automation software called ML1, which is a machine-learning plug-in that predicts field values in Jira tickets and fills them automatically. The service is free and available in the Atlassian Marketplace, so any company can install it on their internal server and try the Jira ticket automation.
How ML1 Works: From Training a Model to Predicting Field Values
ML1 applies machine learning to predict and autopopulate fields in Jira tickets. Its accuracy is based on automatically-performed model training. ML1 sends historical data from Jira tickets to an ML server that retrieves summaries and descriptions which are used for the training process. While training a model:
- You can set a scheduled training or limit the number of tickets used to train
- You can choose different field values to predict, like labels, categories, and/or version pickers
Installing ML1 into your corporate system only takes a few steps. It works exclusively with Jira Software and Jira Service Management, and we guarantee that no data will leave your system. ML1 is free, and you can download it from the Atlassian Marketplace.
How Does ML1 Optimize the Ticket Creation Flow in Jira?
We started developing ticket automation software because of the amount of routine and manual work our Technical Support Department had to deal with while assisting people with Jira tickets. ML1 automates these repetitive tasks and allows our technical support employees to focus more on the big picture and on tasks only they can complete.
We’re confident in ML1’s positive results because we’ve already seen them here at Exadel. So far, we’ve found that:
- Assigners and technical support engineers now spend less time creating and processing Jira tickets
- We reduced cases of field values being completed incorrectly. ML1 predicts multiple field values — labels, categories, version pickers, etc. — and you can rely on the model’s accuracy to keep your Jira ticket flow organizedli>
- We also reduced the number of requests for assistance with Jira tickets. Our Technical Support Department now spends more time helping people with complex issues
If you want to optimize your Technical Support Department workload and automate Jira ticket creation, just install ML1 into your corporate system. If you’re looking for more technical details, fill out our contact form, and we will get back to you soon!