Polina Kuchinskaya is Exadel’s director of QA based in Minsk, Belarus. She has a master of science in computer science from Belarusian State University. Her technical focus is, of course, on quality assurance. Polina has more than 12 years of experience in web and mobile testing and has been the QA lead on several projects. She has led Exadel’s QA department for 10 years. She also teaches a course called “Software Testing for Beginners.”
Get to know more about Polina: her most significant achievements at Exadel, why she chose to work here, and her biggest passions.
What are your greatest customer achievements?
As head of Exadel’s QA department, I supported its growth from 17 QAs to 170 QAs over the last 10 years. A fundamental part of this growth in the department was the establishment of a solid base of formalized well-documented processes and ISTQB certification for all our experienced QAs. This pays off for all our customers by enabling a quick rollout of a high-quality QA process as part of any of our projects. In addition to expanding and solidifying the QA team, I led the establishment of specific QA processes for several big projects, such as Wolters Kluwer, HP (where I led a team of 20 QAs), and Quantros (where I worked as a QA lead).
Why did you choose Exadel?
I am able to treat Exadel not only as a place of work, but also as “my company”— a place with a family atmosphere and many friends. I spend a big part of my life in the office, and I can say that I love being here. I like the opportunities to solve complicated tasks and to achieve new heights of accomplishment. As part of my work at Exadel, I love communicating with QAs and customers. I’m proud of what we have accomplished and of the suggestions we have presented to our clients.
I think that the most significant value of Exadel is PEOPLE and the feeling of friendship here. If you have good relationships within the team, you will all strive to do your work at the highest possible level. Exadel has a rock-solid world-class group of professionals with great personalities who are fun to work with!
What are your passions?
I have many passions! My favorites include:
- Practical handgun (Walther P22, Glock 17) shooting in competitions
- Playing on the hang/handpan (musical instrument)
- Exploring something new: traveling, visiting exciting places, and meeting different people. Trying various kinds of active sports: surfing, wakeboarding, sup-boarding, snorkeling, kayaking, flying on a hang-glider, air-yoga and so on
- Participating in the pub-quiz “Bernard Show” with my lovely team “Double Alpha NS”
- Attending real-life room escape games
- Taking part in different master classes: creating mini-gardens from succulents, painting on fabric, fashion illustration, zen art painting, soap boiling, decorative candle making, and creating dreamcatchers
I also like to spend time with my family in my native small town of Parichi: gardening, swimming, and fishing in the Berezina River, picking up mushrooms in the nearby forest, and spending time with my friends singing songs with a guitar near the fire.