Technical Product Manager
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
We are looking for an experienced Technical Product Manager who is passionate about building products that customers love.
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
The customer is an educational technology company based in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is the developer and publisher of a Web-based learning management system and a massive open online course (MOOC) platform.
About the Project:
The project is a tool used for K-12 assessments. It is heavily focused on generating useful data for teachers to help them improve their efforts. The goal for 2021 is to increase cross-sell attach rates between the customer’s learning management system and the customer’s assessment platform.
Some of the themes for our 2021 roadmap are:
- Seamless integrating the customer’s learning management system
- Improving assessment standards and mechanisms
- Enhancing the assessment suite
- Building out better reporting
- Adding additional security and stability mechanisms
Project Technology Stack:
- Back End: Ruby on Rails
- Databases/Persistence: Postgres, Elasticsearch, Redis, Memcache
- Additional Tech Used: AWS (SQS, Kinesis, S3, etc), Docker, Consul, minio
- Proven work experience in technical product management
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Skilled at working with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Be the face of customers by understanding and representing their needs and product requirements
- Analyze competitors’ products and explore new ways to improve the company’s products
- Work with the development team to ensure that product requirements are understood
- Translate product’s strategy into detailed requirements for prototype construction and final product development
- Define the product vision, product roadmap, and product strategy
- Support engineering team to ensure customer satisfaction goals are met
- Work within a software development methodology like Agile
- Coordinate product releases with marketing, sales, and engineering teams
- Ensure that user story content and prioritization is aligned to larger strategic objectives
Advantages of working with Exadel:
- There are plenty of opportunities for advancement at Exadel
- You can build your expertise with Exadel Expert Groups, which provide support for existing and potential projects
- You can join any community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sport, charity, and entertainment events
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.