Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
We are looking for a qualified Team Leader to manage our team and provide effective guidance. You will be responsible for supervising, managing, and motivating team members on a daily basis.
As a Team Leader, you will be the point of contact for all team members, so your communication skills should be excellent. You should also be able to work proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration. Ultimately, you should lead by setting a good example and engaging the team to achieve goals.
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
The customer is an educational technology company based in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is the developer and publisher of Canvas, a Web-based learning management system, and Canvas Network, a massive open online course (MOOC) platform.
About the Project:
The customer’s solution has a few services that exist outside the primary monolith and that provide additional functionality to the customer’s core product – the world’s fastest-growing learning management system. The customer needs help operating and maintaining these services. This means the customer needs to staff a team capable of having full ownership of key product components. This means we’re looking for people with an operational mindset who will strive to surpass the customer’s SLAs of 99.9% uptime 24×7, minimal bugs, test automation, and minimal waste (both process and technical).
The services will be:
- an attendance tool enabling teachers to easily record attendance. This is a standard Ruby on Rails app with backbone JS (and some React) on the front end. Backed by RDS (both MySQL and Postgres)
- a document viewing and annotation service. This is made up of a Node app and a conversion service (knight rider) written in Java and backed by S3 and DynamoDB. It also uses SQS and has a small amount of Scala.
- LTI applications using Ruby and Rails. They are deployed on our platform infrastructure and leverage Postgres, ElastiCache, S3, etc.
Current Project Stage:
- Proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor
- If you have worked with only one technology you should be motivated to learn and work with the whole stack
- In-depth knowledge of performance metrics
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Decision-making skills
- Degree in management or training in team leading is a plus
- Create an inspiring team environment with a culture of open communication
- Set clear team goals
- Delegate tasks and set deadlines
- Oversee day-to-day operations
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics
- Motivate team members
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments
- Encourage creativity and risk-taking
- Suggest and organize team-building activities
Advantages of working with Exadel:
- There are plenty of opportunities for advancement at Exadel
- You can build your expertise with Exadel Expert Groups, which provide support for existing and potential projects
- You can join any community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sport, charity, and entertainment events
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.