Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
We’re looking for Senior Ruby on Rails Developer with a passion for programming and writing powerful code.
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
The customer is an educational technology company based in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is the developer and publisher of a Web-based learning management system and a massive open online course (MOOC) platform.
About the Project:
The customer’s studio is an interactive approach to video-based learning. The goal for 2021 is to increase studio revenue across all segments, increasing WAP in HE by making the studio the must-have video management solution for the customer’s learning management system.
Some of the themes for our 2021 roadmap are:
- Integrating and ensuring interoperability with Chromebooks and other video tools
- Implementing video sharing tools
- Adding analytics
- Providing features for accessibility and video editing
- Building APIs to support video management
- Working with engineers to replace the legacy video player
- Creating new SKUs to help with upselling
Project Technology Stack:
- Front End: React
- Back End: Ruby on Rails, AWS
- Databases/Persistence: Postgres
- Additional Tech Used: Terraform, Jenkins
- 3+ years of work experience as a Ruby on Rails developer
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Postgres database
- Experience in developing highly interactive applications
- A firm grasp of object-oriented analysis and design
- Passion for writing great, simple, clean, efficient code
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or in related field
- Excellent communication skills
- Design robust, scalable, and secure features
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, and code standards)
- Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into design
- Think tactically and strategically
Advantages of working with Exadel:
- There are plenty of opportunities for advancement at Exadel
- You can build your expertise with Exadel Expert Groups, which provide support for existing and potential projects
- You can join any community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sport, charity, and entertainment events
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.