Senior Node.js Developer
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Kiev, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
We are currently looking for a Senior Node.js Developer to join our team! If you are an analytical problem solver with strong Node.js knowledge and a passion for teamwork and innovation, we have the perfect job for you!
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Project:
The project is an early learning program for children aged 2-8 that is personalized to their interests to help them fall in love with reading. It has been proven to increase early reading scores by 74% with just 15 minutes a day. Children have fun while learning through stories and activities.
The program combines children’s passions and current reading level to create a personalized learn-to-read plan on their Android phone or tablet. It includes thousands of lessons and games on the alphabet, phonics, sight words, and more. When kids read about what they love, they love learning to read.
Press and awards:
The Customer’s product has been featured on the TODAY Show and Morning Joe as well as in the New York Times, USA Today, Forbes, and Parents Magazine. The customer has won the prestigious Teachers’ Choice and Mom’s Choice Awards.
Team Composition and locations: 2 developers (located in Belarus) are on the Exadel side, the TL and the rest of the team is on the customer’s side.
Project Tech Stack: Node.js + TypeScript, TypeORM + PostgreSQL, MongoDB, AWS, GraphQL, Serverless
Current Project Stage: development
Project Duration: ongoing, for 6+ months
- New project with modern stack, no legacy code
- Opportunity to take key roles in project architecture, design & development
- The customer is open to new technical considerations: every developer can bring something new to the ecosystem.
- Agile environment: the customer is goal-oriented and has a good sense of which technical options are beneficial for the project — technical refactoring/rewriting is welcome if justified.
- At least 3+ years of experience with Node.js
- Knowledge of frameworks available for Node.js (such as Express, Node-RED, Device.js, Cylon.js)
- Knowledge of TypeScript, ORM frameworks (TypeORM/Sequelize.js/etc.)
- Authorization (passport.js, roles)
- Express.js / hapi.js / nest.js
- Experience in NoSQL databases (including MongoDB) and RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Strong understanding of software best practices, data structures, algorithms, databases and networks
- Strong organizational skills
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Jira, Agile, scrum (basics)
- AWS (Lambda, Cognito and many more), GraphQL, Serverless, Redis
- Code, test and operate Node.js based services
- Migrate new development
- Effectively use tools and ingenuity to identify and fix bugs before they become a problem
- Take over maintenance and extend existing services
- Optimize use cases and error handling/test completeness
Advantages of working with Exadel:
- Attractive salary — we reward your commitment to our company
- Personal development — we understand that life-long learning is important and support everything that encourages a personal
willingness to learn
- Language classes with a native speaker
- Flexible work schedule — a good work-life balance is the most important prerequisite for being creative and productive
- Friendly work environment
- Interesting job in an innovative company with the latest technologies
- Collaboration with a team full of interesting people
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.