Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
The Customer is an educational technology company based in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is the developer and publisher of Canvas, a Web-based learning management system, and Canvas Network, a massive open online course (MOOC) platform.
About the Project:
The customer’s solution has a few services that exist outside the primary monolith and that provide additional functionality to the customer’s core product – the world’s fastest-growing learning management system. The customer needs help operating and maintaining these services. This means the customer needs to staff a team capable of having full ownership of key product components. This means we’re looking for people with an operational mindset who will strive to surpass the customer’s SLAs of 99.9% uptime 24×7, minimal bugs, test automation, and minimal waste (both process and technical).
The services will be:
- an attendance tool enabling teachers to easily record attendance. This is a standard Ruby on Rails app with backbone JS (and some React) on the front end. Backed by RDS (both MySQL and Postgres)
- a document viewing and annotation service. This is made up of a Node app and a conversion service (knight rider) written in Java and backed by S3 and DynamoDB. It also uses SQS and has a small amount of Scala
- LTI applications using Ruby and Rails. They are deployed on our platform infrastructure and leverage Postgres, ElastiCache, S3, etc.
Current Project Stage:
- At least 3 years of experience with Node.js
- Knowledge of frameworks available for Node.js (Express, Node-RED, Device.js, and/or Cylon.js)
- Strong understanding of software best practices, data structures, algorithms, databases, and networks
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to deliver on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of React main principles
- Code, test, and operate Node.js-based services
- Effectively use tools and ingenuity to identify and fix bugs before they become major issues
- Take over maintenance and extend existing services
- Optimize use cases and error handling/test completeness
- Develop software solutions by: studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, using data and work processes; investigating problem areas; and following the software development lifecycle
- Continuously expand knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment
- Provide recommendations for ongoing improvement
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices
- Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products
Advantages of working with Exadel:
- There are plenty of opportunities for advancement at Exadel
- You can build your expertise with Exadel Expert Groups, which provide support for existing and potential projects
- You can join any community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sport, charity, and entertainment events
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.