Senior DevOps Engineer (AWS)
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
We are currently looking for a talented Senior DevOps Engineer with AWS and operations experience. You’ll have a great opportunity to expand your professional experience and advance your skills in DevOps.
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
The Customer is an educational technology company based in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is the developer and publisher of Canvas, a Web-based learning management system, and Canvas Network, a massive open online course (MOOC) platform.
About the Project:
The customer’s solution has a few services that exist outside the primary monolith and that provide additional functionality to the customer’s core product – the world’s fastest-growing learning management system. The customer needs help operating and maintaining these services. This means the customer needs to staff a team capable of having full ownership of key product components. This means we’re looking for people with an operational mindset who will strive to surpass the customer’s SLAs of 99.9% uptime 24×7, minimal bugs, test automation, and minimal waste (both process and technical).
The services will be:
- an attendance tool enabling teachers to easily record attendance. This is a standard Ruby on Rails app with backbone JS (and some React) on the front end. Backed by RDS (both MySQL and Postgres)
- a document viewing and annotation service. This is made up of a Node app and a conversion service (knight rider) written in Java and backed by S3 and DynamoDB. It also uses SQS and has a small amount of Scala
- LTI applications using Ruby and Rails. They are deployed on our platform infrastructure and leverage Postgres, ElastiCache, S3, etc.
Current Project Stage:
- 3+ years of IT Experience
- Experience building and maintaining systems in AWS
- Experience migrating data center workloads in AWS
- Experience implementing AWS cloud solutions using Infrastructure as code methodologies
- Experience leveraging version control systems to manage Infrastructure as code
- Experience implementing solutions that meet today’s Information Security requirements
- History of developing foundational reusable technology components
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Nice to have:
- AWS Technical Certificates is a big plus
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of the AWS cloud platform, providing detailed advice regarding its application and executing specialized tasks
- Defining test conditions for given requirements; designing test cases and creating test scripts and supporting data and delivering according to project specifications; analyzing and reporting test activities and results; identifying and reporting issues and risks
- Assisting in the configuration of software and equipment and systems testing of platform-specific versions of one or more software products
- Documenting faults, implementing resolutions, and retesting to agreed standards
- Designing computing and communications equipment; translating logical designs into physical designs and delivering technical prototypes of proposed components for approval by customer and execution by technicians
- Undertaking routine installations and de-installations of items of hardware and/or software; conducting tests of hardware and/or software using supplied test procedures and diagnostic tools; documenting details of all hardware/software items that have been installed and removed so that configuration management records can be updated
- Applying tools, techniques, and processes to track, log and correct information related to CIs, ensuring protection of assets and components from unauthorized change, diversion, and inappropriate use
- Developing, documenting, and implementing changes based on requests for change
Advantages of working with Exadel:
- There are plenty of opportunities for advancement at Exadel
- You can build your expertise with Exadel Expert Groups, which provide support for existing and potential projects
- You can join any community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sport, charity, and entertainment events
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.