Senior Database Engineer
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
We are looking for an experienced Senior Database Engineer to join our team! As a Database Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, testing, planning, implementing, protecting, operating, managing and maintaining the Client databases.
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
For more than 30 years, the customer’s company has been helping client organizations succeed by providing independent, objective insight and financially-centered software tools that support decision making and enable the development and execution of sustainable strategies and goals.
The customer provides management consulting services, enterprise performance management software, and benchmark data and analytics that help clients to sustain success in a changing environment.
About the Project:
The project is a system for recording, analyzing, and allocating costs for individual services provided to patients (for example, drugs, procedures, tests, accommodation, and meals), in addition to costs of other department resources. There are several subsystems within the scope of the project.
Current Project Stage:
- 3+ years of experience in DB development
- Strong SQL skills. Experience in execution of parameterized dynamic SQL
- Experience writing documentation regarding databases and DB mapping
- Strong engineering process skills (e.g., source control, coding standards, and code reviews)
- High degree of comfort working with a remote team
- Good time management and multi-tasking skills
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field
- Implement and execute parameterized dynamic SQL
- Design and implement table partitioning
- Identify poorly performing indexes
- Implement a parallel data insert
- Implement a partition switch operation
- Identify and fix estimation errors
- Identify root causes of blocking events
- Establish DB process baseline
- Implement an extended event
- Ensure all database programs meet company and performance requirements
Advantages of working with Exadel:
- There are plenty of opportunities for advancement at Exadel
- You can build your expertise with Exadel Expert Groups, which provide support for existing and potential projects
- You can join any community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sport, charity, and entertainment events
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.