Senior Big Data Developer (Scala)
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
We are looking for a Senior Big Data Developer (Scala) to join our friendly team!
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
Our customer is a leading global information and measurement company that enables organisations to understand consumers and their behavior. Our customer’s organization measures and monitors what consumers watch (programming and advertising) and what consumers buy (categories, brands, and products) on global and local levels. The company has a presence in almost 100 countries across Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East, North America, South America and Russia.
About the Project:
Our project goals are to generate and transform data to understand television audiences, partition these data according to particular television program, and track the duration of advertising.
- Hands-on experience with Scala and Java, (Python and Shell are a plus)
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop ecosystem, including HDFS, Yarn, and Livy
- Proficiency in Spark
- Proficiency in SQL
- Knowledge of AWS: S3, EC2, EMR
- Contribute throughout all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with client specifications
- Interact with a team; arrange meetings to find out and clarify the project’s requirements
- Fulfill project requirements based on scala\spark
Advantages of working with Exadel:
- There are plenty of opportunities for advancement at Exadel
- You can build your expertise with Exadel Expert Groups, which provide support for existing and potential projects
- You can join any community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sport, charity, and entertainment events
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.