Middle Sustain Engineer / Junior Software Developer for sustaining/bug-fixing team
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
We’re looking for a Middle Sustain Engineer/Junior Software Developer to join our friendly sustaining/bug-fixing team! If you are a newbie thirsty for experience, a well-versed developer with a bygone stack that needs upgrading, or a QA thinking of joining a developers’ team, this is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to jump on the bandwagon.
As part of a sustaining engineering team, you’ll ensure the customer’s high-quality software solutions are supported and deliverables are provided in a timely and effective manner. You will also contribute technically to solutions across the full technology stack from database to analytics to web interfaces.
About the Customer and Project:
You will work with an international management consulting firm that focuses on banking and financial services. The company is headquartered in New York City with 60+ offices in the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East and employs over 4,500 professionals!
You will be a part of a distributed team by design. Each of the customer’s regional teams independently organizes, develops their own local culture, and evolves in the way they feel is best. The teams connect with one another on a daily basis, get together as a team via video call every week, and in person as a larger group at least once per year. That is how the customer builds their team of specialized sustaining engineers.
You will work with an amazing group of people in a highly collaborative environment, you will learn from and share with colleagues who help one another, and you will be infused in a unique culture that is transparent, empowering, and fun.
This team is different, and we think that difference makes it great. It was built by people like you, for people like you, and is always responsive to your feedback!
About the Project:
The project provides stores with statistics about goods sold, which in turn helps stores to arrange goods more efficiently.
Project Team: Product Manager & Tech Lead, Senior Data Engineer, and Sustaining Engineer
- You will work with people as passionate and awesome as yourself – there is a “”no jerks”” policy
- You will work with a variety of tech, industries, projects, and clients
- You will deliver work that has real impact on how the customer’s clients do business
- You will choose the work-life balance that is right for you
- We will help you grow your career while remaining hands-on and technical
- You will work in smaller, more agile, flatter teams than the prevalent structure elsewhere
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits
- Provide customer support and technical issue resolution via internal case management system
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Provide first line support to common problems
- Report on the status of requests and projects to management
- Track and link all existing issues
- Provide solutions and guide customer to existing solution threads
- Test and reproduce problems reported by users
We don’t look for specific technologies on your resume. Instead, a good candidate will have:
- Experience with several programming languages, programming paradigms, and operating systems
- A passion for technology. Open-source contributions are great to see but not required
- Experience with all stages of the project life-cycle
- Initiative and the ability to drive things forward independently
- Commitment to delivering value and helping clients succeed
Nice to Have:
The technologies below are optional; you don’t need experience with any of them to apply. But this list gives you a taste of some of the tech and tooling we have used in recent projects:
- Web, mobile (iOS and Android), pure back-end, or database development
- MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- DevOps tools: Docker, Rancher, Jenkins, Chef
Advantages of working with Exadel:
- There are plenty of opportunities for advancement at Exadel
- You can build your expertise with Exadel Expert Groups, which provide support for existing and potential projects
- You can join any community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sport, charity, and entertainment events
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.