Middle Java Developer
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
We are looking for a motivated Middle Java Developer to come and join our team! You will have a chance to learn the most modern technologies and prove your proficiency during challenging project engagements.
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
The Customer is an educational technology company based in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is the developer and publisher of Canvas, a Web-based learning management system, and Canvas Network, a massive open online course (MOOC) platform.
About the Project:
The customer’s solution has a few services that exist outside the primary monolith and that provide additional functionality to the customer’s core product – the world’s fastest-growing learning management system. The customer needs help operating and maintaining these services. This means the customer needs to staff a team capable of having full ownership of key product components. This means we’re looking for people with an operational mindset who will strive to surpass the customer’s SLAs of 99.9% uptime 24×7, minimal bugs, test automation, and minimal waste (both process and technical).
The services will be:
- an attendance tool enabling teachers to easily record attendance. This is a standard Ruby on Rails app with backbone JS (and some React) on the front end. Backed by RDS (both MySQL and Postgres)
- a document viewing and annotation service. This is made up of a Node app and a conversion service (knight rider) written in Java and backed by S3 and DynamoDB. It also uses SQS and has a small amount of Scala
- LTI applications using Ruby and Rails. They are deployed on our platform infrastructure and leverage Postgres, ElastiCache, S3, etc.
Current Project Stage:
- Experience developing Java apps with in-depth knowledge of Java frameworks (3+ years of experience)
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Experience with execution of code review and identification of functional gaps in end-to-end application development
- Extensive experience in development, deployment, and integration using various frameworks
- Ability to work with a business analyst to collect and understand business requirement and translate them into IT functional requirements and technical solution architecture blueprints
- Record as a team player with good communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
Nice to have:
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or applied mathematics.
- Write well-designed, testable, and efficient code
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternative technologies and presenting them for architectural review
- Attend meetings
Advantages of working with Exadel:
- There are plenty of opportunities for advancement at Exadel
- You can build your expertise with Exadel Expert Groups, which provide support for existing and potential projects
- You can join any community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sport, charity, and entertainment events
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.