Middle DevOps Engineer (AWS)
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
We are currently looking for a Middle DevOps Engineer (AWS). This is a great opportunity to expand your professional experience and advance your DevOps skills.
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
Founded in the Netherlands over 180 years ago, the Customer’s Company is a global leader in information services and expert solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. As of 2017, it was recognized by Corporate Knights as one of the 100 most sustainable companies in the world. It operates in over 150 countries.
About the Project:
The project involves constructing business-facing apps within the public cloud.
What are we doing:
- automating the provision of infrastructure services
- investigating incidents and fixing them
Typical routine to create a new service:
- develop Python scripts for providing and configuring cloud resources (Python3.7+, boto3, cloudformation)
- prepare an Azure DevOps pipeline that can run this script
- demonstrate the work of scripts and pipelines for service owner/architect
- prepare documentation for those who will use scripts and maintain code
We are going to replace boto3 and cloudformation with Terraform in the next couple of months.
How we manage our work:
- Azure DevOps Board for tracking user stories and requirements
- Azure DevOps Repos to store code (GIT)
- MS Teams for meetings and demos
- More than 2 years of IT Experience
- Solid knowledge of AWS for functional programming and scripting
- Familiarity with AWS SDK and/or AWS API
- Solid understanding of the following AWS Services: EC2, VPC, CloudWatch, IAM, CloudTrail, AWS Config, and AWS SSM
- Experience implementing solutions that meet today’s information security requirements
- Experience developing foundational reusable technology components
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of the AWS cloud platform, providing detailed advice regarding its application and executing specialized tasks
- Defining test conditions for given requirements; designing test cases and creating test scripts and supporting data, working to the specifications provided; analyzing and reporting test activities and results; identifying and reporting issues and risks
- Assisting in the configuration of software and equipment and systems testing of platform-specific versions of one or more software products
- Document faults, implements resolutions and retests to agreed standards
- Design computing and communications equipment; translate logical designs into physical designs and deliver technical prototypes of proposed components for approval by customer and execution by technicians
- Undertake routine installations and de-installations of items of hardware and/or software; conduct tests of hardware and/or software using supplied test procedures and diagnostic tools; documents details of all hardware/software items that have been installed and removed so that configuration management records can be updated
- Apply tools, techniques and processes to track, log and correct information related to CIs, ensuring protection of assets and components from unauthorized change, diversion and inappropriate use
- Develop, document and implement changes based on requests for change
Advantages of working with Exadel:
- There are plenty of opportunities for advancement at Exadel
- You can build your expertise with Exadel Expert Groups, which provide support for existing and potential projects
- You can join any community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sport, charity, and entertainment events
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.