We’re searching for an experienced Middle DBE to join our talented team. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in data analysis and management, with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
The сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The customer’s collective set of solutions inform decision-making, enhance productivity, and help clients deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago, and was named one of Forbes best mid-sized companies to work for in 2019 – an important accolade and retention tool for the 2,600+ full-time company employees (alongside 350 dedicated contractors).
The сompany’s corporate headquarters is in downtown Chicago in the historic Merchandise Mart — a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building that is also known to be a technology hub within the broader metro.
About the Project:
The project is a mobile HTML5 application. It is an innovative concept of implementing mobile workflows by utilizing logical grouping of reusable UI modules. The project involves consolidating and creating the existing mobile capabilities as core functional units with a focus on modularity for greater flexibility when designing new flows and meeting new requirements. It also involves a service orchestration layer which controls seamless switches between multiple workflows.
The most frequently used UI modules are authentication, permissions, VIN decoder, photo capture, review, and summary. This application supports both claim- and incident-based workflows and supports consumers who submit data for a claim or incident. This modular app concept sets up the foundation to deliver new workflows with existing modules in a rapid fashion, more than halving the time that it took to deliver custom branding. It provides future capabilities to be built on top of this foundation, thus improving the efficiency of the delivery of creating new solutions, setting the customer’s company apart from the competition.
- The project leverages microservices architecture and is developed as an AWS cloud native application
- You will get to know core the customer’s mobile workflows
- You will get to know AWS cloud native products like S3, EC2 etc.
1 Delivery Manager, 1 Lead Java Developer, 2 Senior Java Developers, 2 Java Developers
Project Tech Stack:
Docker, Kubernetes, spring boot, amazon aurora MySQL, ActiveMQ, VueJs, TypeScript, Tailwind CSS
- Sound technical knowledge on database architecture, design & data modelling in relational database systems like Oracle, MySQL (MySQL is preferred)
- Proven hands-on experience in PLSQL Packages, Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Views and Exception handling for retrieving, manipulating and migrating complex data sets in RDBMS
- Expert level SQL skills. Should be able to write crisp and efficient SQLs
- Familiarity with BI reporting
- Demonstrated strength in tuning SQL queries and in optimizing data models
- Scripting experience using any of the scripting language like Shell, Python
Nice to have:
- Basic understanding of ETL process and hands-on experience in any ETL tool preferably Pentaho
- NoSQL DB experience is ideal (DynamoDB and MongoDB / Cassandra DB preferable)
- AWS environment experience
- Knowledge of database maintenance features like partitioning, purging, and scheduling jobs
- Develop database solutions to store and retrieve company information
- Install and configure information systems to ensure functionality
- Analyze structural requirements for new software and applications
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new elements
- Optimize new and current database systems
- Define security and backup procedures
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You’ll build your expertise with Sales Support, which provides assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- There are opportunities for continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener
- You’ll have the chance to improve your English skills with the help of native speakers
- We participate in cultural, sport, charity, and entertainment events, and we’d love to have you there, too!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.