Middle Business System Analyst
We’re seeking a Middle Business System Analyst to transform feedback and analytics data into actionable plans that drive product enhancements through meaningful insights. This role is responsible for capturing the voice of the customer to influence the next generation of web and mobile solutions used by the collision repair industry.
As an Business System Analyst your main duties will be to synthesize information from many sources, produce recommendations, organize product backlog, participate in Agile process, propose product feature sequencing, and be engaged heavily with management, engineers, QA, designers, and others in the creation of killer apps.
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
The сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The customer’s collective set of solutions inform decision-making, enhance productivity, and help clients deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago, and was named one of Forbes best mid-sized companies to work for in 2019 – an important accolade and retention tool for the 2,600+ full-time company employees (alongside 350 dedicated contractors).
The сompany’s corporate headquarters is in downtown Chicago in the historic Merchandise Mart — a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building that is also known to be a technology hub within the broader metro.
About the Project:
The customer has been working on an analytics platform since 2018. The platform is on Hadoop and the Hortonworks Data Platform, and the customer is planning on moving it to Amazon EMR in 2021. The customer has a variety of products, the data for all of which comes into one data lake on this analytics platform, which also allows the customer to do next generation analytics on the amassed data.
Hortonworks is the current vendor. It will be replaced by Amazon EMR. Tableau is going to be the BI vendor. Microstrategy currently exists and will be phased out by early 2023.
All data is sent to the data lake, and the customer can do industry reporting. These data are used by a data science team to build new products and an AI model.
We will be moving to real-time streaming using Kafka and S3. We are doing POC to use Dremio and Presto for the query engine.
We’re migrating to version 2.0 using Amazon EMR and S3, and Query engine is bucketed under 2.0 project.
- Cross product analytics
- Analytics for every new product customer has. Analytics team products is how the customer sells the products value to clients
- Quarterly Business Review meetings use data to explain how customer’s product is helping clients in their business
- You’ll get to work with a cross-functional team
- You will learn the customer’s company business
Project Tech Stack:
Technologies used are all open source Hadoop, Hive, PySpark, Airflow, Kafka to name a few
- Minimum 2 years of analysis experience
- Experience presenting data products and business recommendations to stakeholders
- User experience (UX) design including persona development, wireframing, and prototyping
- User acceptance and QA testing experience will be a plus
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ready to challenge in building reports and dashboards in data visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, and/or MicroStrategy
Nice to have:
- Experience querying and manipulating data with tools such as SQL, Python, R, Alteryx, and/or KNIME
- Partner closely with management and product teams to manage ongoing product enhancements
- Communicate with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Research system processes to define requirements and troubleshoot problems
- Leverage feedback and information to identify improvement opportunities and recommend action
- Participate in detailed planning and prioritization of development backlogs
- Communicate internally to provide deep understanding of product objectives
- Help the team translate product concepts into user stories and other product deliverables
- Generate insights from data trends
- Address complexity through planning and analysis
- Promote and maintain a positive work environment based on trust and respect
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You’ll build your expertise with Sales Support, which provides assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- There are opportunities for continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener
- You’ll have the chance to improve your English skills with the help of native speakers
- We participate in cultural, sport, charity, and entertainment events, and we’d love to have you there, too!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.