Middle Android Engineer
Belarus: Grodno, Minsk
We are looking for an Android Developer with a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits.
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
The Customer has been building solutions for mobile apps, effortless payment, paratransit, business travel, and advertising since 1992. Their products reach audiences of millions each year. The Customer is now developing a comprehensive mobility platform that allows operators to efficiently manage their vehicles and drivers, regulators to be informed and establish guidelines, service providers to deliver sustainable and future-proof solutions, and riders to have an effortless transit experience.
The Project is a taxi ordering service. The user can hail a taxi and monitor its arrival, pay for a ride, and see their own trip history. The system contains the following components:
- ride server (all data processing);
- payment server (PCI DSS-compliant) which performs a transaction with the passenger’s digital wallet and payment gateways;
- mobile application (hail taxi, geocoding, map, payments);
- taxi terminal (3rd party).
The project includes integration with 3rd party services, including PayPal, MasterPass, Stripe, and Twilio.
Your Team: 1 Team Lead, 3 UI Developers, 6 Back-End Developers, 4 Mobile Developers, 4 QAs, 1 Designer
- 3+ years of experience in Android (Java, Kotlin) native app design and development
- Proficient in mobile UI design and implementation experience, including prototyping
- Proficient in object-oriented design patterns and Java
- Experience with multithreading, memory management, and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices
- Motivated self-starter with a great attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Focus on troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Desire to investigate, learn and use new technologies and approaches
- Proficient in Android Architecture Components
- Fix bugs and add features to reach feature parity with soon-to-be-updated iOS app
- Write organized and structured code
- Engage in direct interaction with customer
- Participate actively in project discussions
- Work closely with QA engineers to identify and fix product defects
Advantages of working with Exadel:
- Attractive salary — we reward your commitment to our company
- Personal development — we understand that life-long learning is important and support everything that encourages a personal
willingness to learn
- Language classes with a native speaker
- Flexible work schedule — a good work-life balance is the most important prerequisite for being creative and productive
- Friendly work environment
- Interesting job in an innovative company with the latest technologies
- Collaboration with a team full of interesting people
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.