Junior Java Developer
We’re currently looking for a Junior Java Developer to help us with a big interesting project!
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
The сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The customer’s collective set of solutions inform decision-making, enhance productivity, and help clients deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago, and was named one of Forbes best mid-sized companies to work for in 2019 – an important accolade and retention tool for the 2,600+ full-time company employees (alongside 350 dedicated contractors).
The сompany’s corporate headquarters is in downtown Chicago in the historic Merchandise Mart — a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building that is also known to be a technology hub within the broader metro.
About the Project:
The project is a mobile HTML5 application that helps with the underwriting process. Insurance companies send an application link to the vehicle owner to capture the vehicle photos for a given policy. The app is a part of the customer’s incident framework. It also has Heatmap generation integration for the submitted photos to identify the prior damages.
- You will get to know the incident and pre-claim frameworks used at customer’s company
- You will learn about smart red flag generation for a given incident
- You will learn B2B communication through interfaces to create incident and share data with customers
1 Delivery Manager, 1 Lead Java Developer, 1 Java Developer
Project Tech Stack:
- 1+ years of experience using Java/Java EE
- 1+ years of experience with Hibernate ORM/JDBC/MyBatis/JdbcTemplate/etc.
- 1+ years of experience with RDBMS and SQL-language (MySQL/Oracle/Sql Server/PostgreSQL)
- Good knowledge of Spring Boot Framework
- Experience with source code management systems: GitHub/Bitbucket/etc.
- Experience with build systems: Maven/Gradle
- Basic knowledge of HTML, XML, XSD, JSON
- Passion to work in a fast-paced Agile environment, delivering functional features in small time duration
- A quick learner and keen to learn new technologies
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of defining clean APIs and interfaces using web-service technologies (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Understanding of Microservice development (Spring Boot, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Understanding of CI/CD DevOps (Jenkins)
- Basic knowledge of AWS technologies
- Basic knowledge of Servlets and JSP
- Good understanding of socket-level and multi-threading programming
- Actively participate in software development and automated unit testing
- Complete development tasks within agreed timebox
- Analyze and resolve software issues
- Ability to interact effectively with project teams, managers and end users
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Solid ability to grasp and apply new information quickly and handle increasing responsibilities with growing complexity
- Creative and innovative thinking with the ability to multitask
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You’ll build your expertise with Sales Support, which provides assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- There are opportunities for continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener
- You’ll have the chance to improve your English skills with the help of native speakers
- We participate in cultural, sport, charity, and entertainment events, and we’d love to have you there, too!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.