Senior MLOps Engineer
Job ID: 4659482004
Hungary, Poland - Any location
Welcome bonus $4000
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team. As a member of the Engineering team, you will work closely with software engineers and data scientists as a key player in designing and building state-of-the-art ML and DL solutions to support the company’s core products suite.
The Data Engineer needs to be able to work with both internal and external customers to gather data and understand requirements very specific to the ML enablement including building, deploying and monitoring models to operate in batch and real-time modes.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 2500+ employees in development centers across Americas, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The Сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The customer’s collective set of solutions inform decision-making, enhance productivity, and help clients deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago, and was named one of Forbes best mid-sized companies to work for in 2019 – an important accolade and retention tool for the 2,600+ full-time company employees (alongside 350 dedicated contractors).
The сompany’s corporate headquarters is in downtown Chicago in the historic Merchandise Mart – a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building that is also known to be a technology hub within the broader metro.
About Our Project:
Safekeep is a business unit that focuses on automating insurance claim subrogation for auto, workers compensation, property and general liability claims.
SafeKeep leverages data analysis and AI/Machine learning packaged into a smart workflow engine to :
- Identify claims with subrogation potential
- Minimize the impact of subrogation team turnover
- Decrease the administrative costs of subrogation
- Simplify and optimize cross-carrier interaction
UI for the smart workflow engine is built specifically for subrogation business processes, bringing together data for decision-making related to the recovery process, and the tracking thereof. This includes demand packages, settlements and payments.
SafeKeep provides a digital platform for carrier-to-carrier collaboration to standardize and streamline the interaction.
In 2020 alone, SafeKeep won the following awards:
- Innovation Championship by Zurich – SafeKeep won 1st place out of 1300 solutions from around the world.
- Innovation in Insurance awards – Safekeep won the Global Silver Award out of 359 innovations from 45 countries. It was also voted one of “the 3 best innovations at a global level” in InsurTech
- Plug and Play Insurance Partners voted Safekeep as the #1 InsurTech
- Experience performing Machine Learning/ Data Scientist duties (e.g. ML algorithm selection, feature engineering, model training, hyperparameter tuning, distributed model training, supervised and unsupervised learning implementation, building model pipelines, using Machine Learning tools/libraries/frameworks)
- 3+ years MLOps experience (e.g. model versioning, model and data lineage, monitoring, model hosting and deployment, scalability, orchestration, continuous learning)
- Hands-on experience in ETL Development leveraging Python and Spark/Scala
- Experience working with AWS big data technologies (Redshift, S3, EMR, Glue, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of SQL/Non-relational, Data Modeling, and Data Warehousing
- Proficiency in both written and verbal communication, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Experience with performance and optimization problems, and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Experience owning a feature from concept to production, including proposal, discussion and execution
- Self-motivated and self-managed with strong organizational skills
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline
- A master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or other quantitative fields
- Background in financial services including banking, insurance, or an equivalent field
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and 7+ years industry experience
- Experience creating orchestration workflows with tools such as Airflow, Kubeflow or AWS Step Functions
- DevOps experience (e.g. CI/CD Pipelines, Infrastructure as Code, containers, Agile software development)
- Experience working with data streaming technologies (Kafka, Spark Streaming, etc.)
- Proven success in communicating with customers (internal and external), other technical teams, and senior management in order to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including Agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing and operations
- Design, develop and maintain the automation of a frameworks for iterative machine learning model development, training and inference
- Provide teams with operational support and develop solutions that provide monitoring, logging and alerting capabilities
- Automate data flows and reporting pipelines
- Manage CI/CD infrastructure, including patching and security updates on the infrastructure
- Develop and maintain build scripts to automate deployments for multiple environments including dev/test, QA, UAT, and production
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Client Engagement team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker. You will not only be emotionally but also financially rewarded for mentoring
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments