Senior DevOps (AWS)
Job ID: 4657970004
Hungary, Poland - Any location
Welcome Bonus $4000
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team. As a member of the Engineering team, you will securely design and code modules for infrastructure, application, and processes in the cloud.
Our Senior DevOps Engineer needs to be able to work with both internal and external customers to gather and understand requirements and work with other Software/Data Engineers, Product Managers, and Data Scientists on the design and implementation details to achieve high-quality automation software to support the development, test, and production operations. You need a passion for complex problems, and enjoy the challenge of operating in sophisticated integrations, events, and data streaming architectures. In this role, you will be a technical expert with significant scope and impact.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 2500+ employees in development centers across Americas, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The customer’s collective set of solutions inform decision-making, enhance productivity, and help clients deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago, and was named one of Forbes best mid-sized companies to work for in 2019 – an important accolade and retention tool for the 2,600+ full-time company employees (alongside 350 dedicated contractors).
The сompany’s corporate headquarters is in downtown Chicago in the historic Merchandise Mart – a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building that is also known to be a technology hub within the broader metro.
About Our Project:
Safekeep is a business unit that focuses on automating insurance claim subrogation for auto, workers compensation, property, and general liability claims.
SafeKeep leverages data analysis and AI/Machine learning packaged into a smart workflow engine to :
- Identify claims with subrogation potential
- Minimize the impact of subrogation team turnover
- Decrease the administrative costs of subrogation
- Simplify and optimize cross-carrier interaction
UI for the smart workflow engine is built specifically for subrogation business processes, bringing together data for decision-making about and tracking of the recovery process. This includes demand packages, settlements, and payments.
SafeKeep provides a digital platform for carrier-to-carrier collaboration to standardize and streamline the interaction.
In 2020 alone, SafeKeep won the following awards:
- Innovation Championship by Zurich – out of 1300 solutions worldwide, SafeKeep won 1st place.
- Innovation in Insurance awards – Out of 359 innovations from 45 different countries, Safekeep won the Global Silver Award, one of “the 3 best innovations at a global level” in InsurTech
- Plug and Play Insurance Partners voted Safekeep as the #1 InsurTech
- 5+ years of experience as a technical specialist
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in programming in languages such as Python, Ruby, Go, Swift, Java, .Net, C++, or similar object-oriented language
- Experience with automating cloud-native technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning infrastructure
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code, using CloudFormation, Terraform, or other tools
- Experience developing cloud-native CI/CD workflows and tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Code Deploy (AWS), and/or GitLab
- Hands-on experience with microservices and distributed application architecture, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle and delivery using Agile practices
- Strong communication skills sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Experience owning a feature from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution
- Self-motivated and self-managed with strong organizational skills
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN’s, DNS, load balancing, and firewall
- Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks such as Kafka, Logstash, Splunk, Elasticsearch, and Kibana
- Experience implementing and designing cloud-native security concepts, DevSecOps, or MLOps
- Experience with iOS and/or Android app operations and deployment
- Familiarity with AWS services such as EC2, DynamoDB, RDS, AWS Lambda, and Amazon SageMaker
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5+ years of professional experience
- Design, build, and administer development operations processes, and tools including version control, security scanning services, CI/CD pipelines, release engineering, and production deployments of core platform components
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and fix production software issues, develop monitoring solutions; perform software maintenance and configuration; implement the fixes for internally developed code; query SQ /NoSQL data stores to identify and remediate production issues related to infrastructure (network, storage, compute, and databases) and application operations
- Design and build internal tools to support development and operations including an internal dashboard, performance testing automation, infrastructure, and cost optimization in the cloud
- Work alongside Software Engineers supporting operations, ensuring the team delivers the best experiences for our customers
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Client Engagement team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker. You will not only be emotionally but also financially rewarded for mentoring
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development.
- If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments