Middle Full Stack Developer
Job ID: 4652140004
Hungary, Poland - Any location
Welcome Bonus $3000
We are looking for a Middle Full Stack Engineer to join our team. As a member of the Engineering team, you will securely design, build, and scale front-end stack, back-end API’s, integration interfaces, and services in the cloud.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 2500+ employees in development centers across Americas, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The customer’s collective set of solutions inform decision-making, enhance productivity, and help clients deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago, and was named one of Forbes best mid-sized companies to work for in 2019 – an important accolade and retention tool for the 2,600+ full-time company employees (alongside 350 dedicated contractors).
The сompany’s corporate headquarters is in downtown Chicago in the historic Merchandise Mart – a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building that is also known to be a technology hub within the broader metro.
About Our Project:
Safekeep is a business unit that focuses on automating insurance claim subrogation for auto, workers compensation, property, and general liability claims.
SafeKeep leverages data analysis and AI/Machine learning packaged into a smart workflow engine to :
- Identify claims with subrogation potential
- Minimize the impact of subrogation team turnover
- Decrease the administrative costs of subrogation
- Simplify and optimize cross-carrier interaction
UI for the smart workflow engine is built specifically for subrogation business processes, bringing together data for decision-making about and tracking of the recovery process. This includes demand packages, settlements, and payments.
SafeKeep provides a digital platform for carrier-to-carrier collaboration to standardize and streamline the interaction.
In 2020 alone, SafeKeep won the following awards:
- Innovation Championship by Zurich – out of 1300 solutions worldwide, SafeKeep won 1st place.
- Innovation in Insurance awards – Out of 359 innovations from 45 different countries, Safekeep won the Global Silver Award, one of “the 3 best innovations at a global level” in InsurTech
- Plug and Play Insurance Partners voted Safekeep as the #1 InsurTech
- 2+ years of professional software development experience (excluding internships)
- 2+ years programming experience with Python or Node.js for backend, with React or Vue.js for frontend.
- You might be less experienced with either backend or frontend — it’s okay. We’re looking for a strong competence in at least one of the technologies and solid understanding of the second language. The willingness to apply both of them in your work, expanding your professional horizons and striving for improvement and excellence, this is what we are really looking for.
- Strong communication skills sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Experience owning a feature from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution
- Self-motivated and self-managed with strong organizational skills
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline
- Master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or other quantitative fields
- Background in financial services including banking, insurance, or an equivalent
- Familiarity with AWS services such as EC2, DynamoDB, RDS, AWS Lambda, and Amazon SageMaker
- Experience with design, development, deployment, and maintenance of scalable backend services and pipelines
- Proficient with software design approaches and UX patterns
- Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets to a browser or device
- Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and startup-like environment
- Design, build, and maintain web applications leveraging cutting-edge frontend design methodologies and UX patterns to create low-latency, secure, and reusable software for our mobile and web-based UIs to provide immersive and elevated customer experiences
- Design, build, and maintain secure, and highly scalable Restful APIs leveraging cloud technologies and serverless to support our SaaS product offerings including web/mobile applications, integration with both internal and external services, and partners
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders within Engineering (e.g., UX) to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Build code that meets internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review
- Develop features and improvements to customers’ products in a secure, well-tested, and performant way. Ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Client Engagement team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker. You will not only be emotionally but also financially rewarded for mentoring
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development.
- If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments