Business Analysis Department Manager
Job ID: 4632785004
Lithuania, Poland - Any location
We’re looking for an experienced BA Department Manager. The ideal candidate will be abreast of the latest cutting-edge technologies, industry best practices, and be able to strategically grow the department. In the role, you’ll balance overarching business objectives with the needs and interests of every employee — creating a successful organization that is a place of advancement, learning, and productivity for all involved. This is a unique opportunity to be one of the key drivers of change in our expanding company.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 2500+ employees in development centers across Americas, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
You’ll work side-by side with people who value collaboration and sharing ideas in order to achieve the best possible results. You’ll be expected to lead by example, showing that you have the foresight to understand and implement the larger objectives and strategy, while motivating and encouraging those around you in a mutually respectful environment.
When you join our team, you’ll be immersed in a culture where teammates always help each other achieve better results. We believe that together we are greater and that we can find brilliant solutions by sharing ideas.
- Work experience as a leader of a department/group/community (at least 30 people under management) in a software development services company
- Experience of setting and achieving measurable objectives for the organization under management (including financial metrics)
- Understanding of organizational design, resource management, people development concepts
- Understanding of enterprise level custom software development lifecycle
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Deep knowledge and proven experience in the Business Analysis field:
- Understanding of Business Analysis Key Concept Model
- Understanding of and experience in Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
- Strong knowledge and experience in Requirements Development Life Cycle
- Strong knowledge and experience in creating low fidelity mockups and prototypes
- Broad knowledge and understanding of UX fundamentals and the basic principles of building user interfaces and workflows
- Knowledge of the main ideas around visual modeling
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant field
- English level: Advanced
- Polish or Lithuanian level: Advanced/Native
- Other European languages — Nice to have
- Manage BA Department in EMEA. Partner with LatAm, US, and CIS regions.
- Develop processes aimed at scalability, quality of services, and cost efficiency
- Set up data driven engineering org (metrics, KPIs/OKRs)
- Manage and apply best practices to the following processes: recruitment/dismissal, onboarding/offboarding, project staffing/rotations, education&upskilling, career development&growth of people, resolving conflicts, managing bench and non-project activities
- Cooperate with PeopleOps, Project Management Office, Account Management, and Sales Organizations to ensure supply meets demand
- Permanently improve innovation component of the department (development of people skills, accelerators, frameworks)
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- Professionally grow and develop your career across a range of activities, and develop greater technical skills
- Be a mentor or speaker, participating in continuing education and development — a fulfilling opportunity with financial perks and incentives
- Advance your English skills with language lessons and the support and collaboration of native speakers
- Participate in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events — be part of our active community
- Active leadership team — always on hand to listen, engage with and regularly interact — valuing your input and suggestions
- Your ideas and initiatives are heard! Everyone matters at Exadel, and we believe everyone should be encouraged to be proactive and share their ideas
- Exadel is a big family. We care about each other, and we support and protect our team members. We have a strong sense of shared identity, values, history, and a tradition of flexibility and empowerment. We participate in significant industry and life events
- Work-life balance — we value the fact that our employees live multi-faceted lives that are not limited to their careers; the company goes the extra mile to support our family, our physical and mental health, and stimulate interest and understanding with hobbies, friendships, and interests that go beyond task-based working life