Middle AQA (C#)
Job ID: 4602559004
Hungary, Poland - Any location
Welcome bonus $3000
We are looking for an experienced Middle Automation QA to join our team!
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 2000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The customer’s collective set of solutions inform decision-making, enhance productivity, and help clients deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago, and was named one of Forbes best mid-sized companies to work for in 2019 – an important accolade and retention tool for the 2,600+ full-time company employees (alongside 350 dedicated contractors).
The сompany’s corporate headquarters is in downtown Chicago in the historic Merchandise Mart – a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building that is also known to be a technology hub within the broader metro.
About Our Project:
The project involves an eCommerce platform where an automotive shop can purchase parts from thousands of different suppliers. The Parts team is responsible for getting information from suppliers about vehicle parts, getting prices, placing orders, and invoicing insurance companies. This is a fast-moving project, where we are adding new functionality across different areas. The Development and QA teams follow an Agile/Scrum work environment, and monthly releases are planned with new features.
Older services are SOAP-based; new services are REST-based. The scope for automation includes UI. Version 1 is used for logging tasks and backlog.
The team is separated into two parts:
- Quick deliverables, where manual QAs mostly test
- Long term
The project is now at the stage where the team separates manual and automation testing tasks between dedicated specialists. Previously, automated testers combined manual and automation work.
Testing tasks involves the web services, web socket, etc. Knowledge of Java programming would be definitely beneficial. The testing framework is already implemented, and the new team members will use and continue developing it.
Project Tech Stack:
- Automation Tools – Ranorex (primary), Eclipse, Selenium, VS Code, Pentaho
- Performance Tools – JMeter
- Language – C# (Nodejs, Java will be a plus)
- Applications – Web, Desktop, Micro Services
- Framework – BDD with Cucumber
- About 50% work in manual testing
- Hands-on experience with Selenium and Java
- Knowledge of Cucumber Framework
- Knowledge of Performance Testing
- Experience with any test automation tools is a plus (Selenium, QTP, Test Complete, RFT, SilkTest, Ranorex, Jmeter, etc.)
- Minimum 4+ years of Quality Assurance experience in testing commercial software
- Testing experience in Agile environment
- Experience providing QA for the mobile, web, and back-end services
- Experience testing web services
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Familiarity with any defect tracking systems; version control systems; test management systems
- Working ability with Microsoft Office
- Java programming is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Review and analyze scope requirements and create detailed test plans
- Prepare test data and oversee readiness of test environments
- Perform functional and non-functional testing and analyze test results
- Identify and track defects to closure
- Create and update test artifacts (Test Strategy, Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Status) for newly developed and legacy applications
- Diagnose bugs and perform root cause analysis
- Develop well documented test plans and strategies for both new development and regression coverage across our entire products
- Develop automated testing programs and processes
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Client Engagement team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker. You will not only be emotionally but also financially rewarded for mentoring
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments