Big Data Engineer
Job ID: 4597292004
Hungary, LATAM, Lithuania, Poland - Any location
We’re looking for a talented Big Data Engineer to join our professional and friendly team!
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 2000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
For more than 30 years, the customer’s company has been helping client organizations succeed by providing independent, objective insight and financially-centered software tools that support decision making and enable the development and execution of sustainable strategies and goals.
The customer provides management consulting services, enterprise performance management software, and benchmark data and analytics that help clients to sustain success in a changing environment.
About Our Project:
The project is a part of a larger product and is in the refactoring phase.
- Proven work experience as a Database Engineer
- Experience with Snowflake
- Hands-on experience with SQL
- Good knowledge of data pipelines
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Design stable, reliable, and effective databases
- Queries review and performance optimization
- Modify databases according to requests and perform tests
- Solve database usage issues and malfunctions
- Gather user requirements and identify new features
- Provide data management support to users
- Communication with the team about root causes of poor query performance, presenting and implementing solutions
- Brainstorm strategic solutions to recurring problems
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Client Engagement team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker. You will not only be emotionally but also financially rewarded for mentoring
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments