Middle Java Developer
Job ID: 4594612004
Hungary, Lithuania, Poland - Any location
We are looking for a Middle Java Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable applications. You will be part of a talented software team.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 2000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The customer is a leading provider of next-generation manufacturing and supply chain management solutions. They serve global manufacturing companies in six verticals: automotive supply, life sciences, consumer products, food and beverage, high tech, and industrial products. Cloud-based ERP solutions help manufacturers stay efficient and withstand disruption.
About Our Project:
The main objective of the project is to shape up an approach and create a plan to migrate the present architecture to a new architecture that can not only retain the existing feature set, but also employ modern concepts (e.g., cloud services, microservices, etc.) in order to achieve better modularity, scalability, and other relevant industry-common benefits. The modernization will happen alongside codebase migration from Progress-based solutions to Java-based ones.
When you join our team, you’ll be immersed in a culture where teammates always help each other achieve better results. We believe that together we are greater and that we can find brilliant solutions by sharing ideas.
- 2-3 years of experience in developing Java-based applications
- Expertise in Progress OpenEdge ABL/4GL
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with various design and architectural patterns
- Ability to write reusable Java libraries
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns in Java
- Knack for writing clean, readable Java code
- Experience with both external and embedded databases
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Write well-designed, testable, and efficient code
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternative technologies and presenting them for architectural review
- Attend meetings
- Communicate with the customer on upcoming tasks and issues
- Develop new functionality and support existing ones, according to the customer’s requirements
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Client Engagement team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker. You will not only be emotionally but also financially rewarded for mentoring
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments