Senior Software Engineer in Test (Python)
Job ID: 4557051004
Hungary, Poland - Any location
Welcome Bonus $4000
We are looking for a Senior SDET to join our team. As a member of the Engineering team, you will work closely with application development, data engineering, data scientists, and product management teams.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 2000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The customer’s collective set of solutions inform decision-making, enhance productivity, and help clients deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago, and was named one of Forbes best mid-sized companies to work for in 2019 – an important accolade and retention tool for the 2,600+ full-time company employees (alongside 350 dedicated contractors).
The сompany’s corporate headquarters is in downtown Chicago in the historic Merchandise Mart – a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building that is also known to be a technology hub within the broader metro.
About Our Project:
Safekeep is a business unit with focus on automating insurance claim subrogation across various insurance lines of business such as Auto, Workers Comp, Property, and General Liability.
Safekeep was originally established to solve for the following challenges in the subrogation business process:
Difficult to consistently identify claims with subrogation potential
Claim subrogation team size and turnover are challenging.- and only getting worst
Significant administrative costs and inefficiencies in highly manual legacy subrogation business units across carriers
Cross carrier interaction is nonstandard and manual
Safekeep is uniquely position to solve those challenges by:
Leverage AI/Machine Learning to detect subrogation opportunities which significantly reduce wasted cycles on the subrogation analyst side and open the door for opportunities for straight through processing.
Smart workflow engine, and UI built specifically for subrogation business process bringing all data points for decision-making and tracking of the recovery business process including building demand package, settlements, and payments.
Carrier to carrier collaboration on a digital platform to standard and stream line the interaction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience as a Developer, Software Engineer, or QA Automation Engineer
- 5+ years of experience with Agile testing methodologies and best practices
- 5+ years of experience with test planning, test designing and execution, performance, and stress testing, implementing, and maintaining high quality test automation of both client and server systems
- Strong database understanding including SQL/NoSQL, query optimizers, performance, multi-threading, and schema design
- Proven experience in developing comprehensive and effective Test and Performance tools, as well as frameworks including API based testing tools, web-based test automation framework such as Selenium
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of standard quality best practices, techniques, and methodologies to drive continuous quality improvements
- Experience delivering quality software in a large distributed system with emphasis on functional and performance automation, workloads, and testing
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment systems like GitLab CI/CD, GitHub Actions, etc.
- Experience in cloud technologies (AWS is preferred)
- Proficiency in both written and verbal communication, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Experience owning a feature from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution
- Self-motivated and self-managed with strong organizational skills
Nice to Have:
- Master’s in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or other quantitative fields
- Background in financial services including banking, insurance, or an equivalent
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and 7+ years industry experience
- Experience working on multi-tenant SaaS products
- Familiarity with secure coding practices and software security concepts
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Work with other senior leaders on the team to build the testing strategy and methodology for Safekeep workflow products, data ingestion pipelines, and machine learning services; contribute to technical leadership and strategic direction to improve the Quality Engineering Organization continuously
- Develop tools and processes to enable best-in-class operations for our services
- Drive quality across all disciplines, providing guidance, feedback, and suggestions to improve quality practices across engineering organization
- Partner with customer facing groups such as PMs, UX, SEs to better understand how customers interface and use our product to drive quality early and often in SDLC
- Author and enhance test plans based on feature requirements and specifications, as well as technical discussions and deep dives with engineers
- Build, enhance, and maintain automation frameworks utilized by team to automate critical user scenarios for regression testing
- Partner with Support and Engineering to investigate, troubleshoot, and identify/implement fixes for customer facing issues
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Client Engagement team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker. You will not only be emotionally but also financially rewarded for mentoring
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments