Vice President of Engineering
Job ID: 4553792004
Poland - Any location
We’re looking for an experienced VP of Engineering in EMEA to reshape our engineering organization and position it for rapid expansion and growth. Our current organization consists of 700 engineers across several departments. The ideal candidate will be abreast of the latest, cutting-edge technologies, industry best practices, and be able to strategically grow the organization to over 1000 employees by the end of the year. In the role, you’ll balance overarching business objectives with the needs and interests of every employee – creating a successful organization that is a place of advancement, learning, and productivity for all involved. This is a very unique opportunity to be one of the key drivers of change in our expanding company.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 2000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
You’ll work side-by side with people who value collaboration and sharing ideas in order to achieve the best possible results. You’ll be expected to lead by example, showing that you have the foresight to understand and implement the larger objectives and strategy, while motivating and encouraging those around you in a mutually respectful environment.
When you join our team, you’ll be immersed in a culture where teammates always help each other achieve better results. We believe that together we are greater and that we can find brilliant solutions by sharing ideas.
- Work experience as a leader of engineering organization/department (at least 100 people under management) in a software development services company
- Experience of setting and achieving measurable objectives for the organization under management (including financial metrics)
- Understanding of organizational design, resource management, people development concepts
- Understanding of enterprise level custom software development lifecycle
- Understanding of software support lifecycle and how support organizations operate (L2 and L3) is a big plus
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies, modern human-computer interfaces and hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field
- English level: Advanced
- Polish level: Advanced
- European languages – nice to have
- Manage engineering organization in EMEA. Partner with engineering organizations in LatAm, US and CIS regions.
- Develop the org structure and processes aimed at scalability, quality of services and cost efficiency
- Set up data driven engineering org (metrics, KPIs/OKRs)
- Manage and applying best practices to the following processes: recruitment/dismissal, onboarding/offboarding, project staffing/rotations, education&upskilling, career development&growth of people, resolving conflicts, managing bench and non project activities
- Cooperate with PeopleOps, Project Management Office, Account Management, and Sales Organizations to ensure supply meets demand
- Permanently improve innovation component of the engineering org (development of people skills, accelerators, frameworks)
- Play a role of executive sponsor for selected customer accounts
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You will work in the global company with more than 100 customers located mainly in the US
- Extremely high quality of services we provide to our customers results in very high net promoter score (NPS) which is well above the industry average
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments