DevOps Engineer (AWS)
Job ID: 4536344004
Hungary, Lithuania, Poland - Any location
We are currently looking for a rich experienced Middle DevOps Engineer (AWS) to join our international team.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 2000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The customer is a leading provider of next-generation manufacturing and supply chain management solutions. They serve global manufacturing companies in six verticals: automotive supply, life sciences, consumer products, food and beverage, high-tech, and industrial products. Cloud-based ERP solutions help manufacturers stay efficient and withstand disruption.
About Our Project:
The main objective of the project to create a plan to migrate the present architecture to a new architecture that can not only retain the existing feature set, but also employ modern concepts (e.g., cloud services, microservices, etc.) in order to achieve better modularity, scalability, and other relevant industry-common benefits. The modernization will happen alongside codebase migration from Progress-based solutions to Java-based ones.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will play a key role in supporting our development teams in creating and maintaining microservices. As part of our company, your primary responsibilities will include supporting and guiding developers in their journey towards a cloud-based environment, making sure that the teams understand cloud infrastructure, and assisting with monitoring and supporting products. This vacancy is the perfect match for a person who enjoys finding innovative solutions to technical challenges with opportunities to contribute broadly in a dynamic and collaborative team-based environment.
- At least 3 years of IT experience
- AWS/Cloud platform knowledge, both design and implementation
- Good understanding of the mechanics of Unix/Linux operating systems
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD pipelines, preferably Jenkins
- At least one programming language, preferably Java, Python
- Good understanding of source control management
- Experience with change management platform
- Design, implement, and monitor disaster recovery plans as it pertains to the production database environment
- Hands-on experience with installation and configuration of MySQL in a multi-master environment
- Applicable expertise in analysis and maintenance planning on production systems
- Experience with SQL
- Being fluent in written and spoken English
- Good understanding of the software development lifecycle and development best practices
- Design and development of new solutions to aid development process and delivery
- Producing high quality, maintainable, monitored, and tested infrastructure and solutions
- Troubleshooting and resolution of problems
- Migrating and design of current products
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Client Engagement team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker. You will not only be emotionally but also financially rewarded for mentoring
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments