Associate Java Developer
Job ID: 4515213004
Hungary, Poland - Any location
We’re looking for a talented Associate Java Developer to join our friendly team!
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 2000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
Founded in 2002, the customer is a New York-based analytics company, with 2,800 employees in various locations internationally. The company sells software and hardware products for client engagement management, security, surveillance, and business intelligence. The customer’s products are designed to assist clients in data analysis, specifically large data sets.
About Our Project:
Developers will join an existing project team, focussing on building third-party integrations.
For the product to be usable, we need the ability to load and export a variety of datasets and statistics from third-party applications into the product. For example:
- Agent statistics like current status, login time, etc.
- Queue statistics like call volume, average handling time, average waiting time, etc.
Typically, this involves writing a Java-based component called an adapter which will collect these statistics from the third-party system and convert the data into the necessary format for the customer. Generally, the data is obtained via APIs (Rest or SOAP), but this may involve Java-based APIs or database queries depending on the vendor we are integrating with. We also expect to write fully automated tests for these adapters using simulators to ensure quality and support customers using them in the field.
- 1+ year of experience in working with Java
- Experience of applications deployed in containers e.g., Spring Boot
- Experience of developing and consuming API services – REST (SOAP beneficial)
- Experience of version control systems e.g., Git
- Experience of continuous integration e.g., Jenkins
- Experience of following a code review process
- Experience of unit testing, e.g., Junit
- Attention to detail and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of Gradle as a build tool
- Knowledge of integration testing e.g., Cucumber or alternative
- Experience of relational databases and basic queries
- Knowledge of authentication mechanisms for API services
- Test Driven Development
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternative technologies and presenting them for architectural review
- Attend meetings
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments