Middle Java Developer
Job ID: 4504183004
Hungary, Poland - Any location
Welcome Bonus $3000
We are currently looking for a Middle Java Developer to join our international team!
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 2000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The customer is an American company based in Chicago. It accelerates digital transformation for the insurance and automotive industries with AI, IoT, and workflow solutions.
About Our Project:
The interfaces team creates an interface layer between products and customers. All of the customers have their own systems that they normally work with, and applications are SaaS applications.
The interface team comes in to connect these two systems.
There are two major parts the developers will be working on:
- Building the APIs. You will be working with multiple applications and developing their API. The APIs will be exposed to the clients.
- Working with development teams of customers and assisting them in integrating APIs into their applications. Making sure that APIs are appropriately mapped and that API integrations are secure. Closely working with the project management team to make sure that we align to the customer delivery dates.
It’s development work mixed with customer interaction.
- 2+ years’ experience in using Java/Java EE
- 2+ years’ experience in development of RESTful web-services
- 2+ years’ experience with Hibernate ORM/JDBC/MyBatis/JdbcTemplate/etc.
- 2+ years’ experience in RDBMS and SQL-language (MySQL, or Oracle, or Sql Server, or PostgreSQL)
- 2+ years’ experience with Spring Framework or/and Spring Boot
- Experience with source code management systems: GitHub/Bitbucket/etc.
- Experience with build systems: Maven/Gradle
- Good knowledge of HTML, XML, XSD, JSON
- Experience developing and deploying web applications on servers like Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, JBoss, etc.
Nice to have:
- Experience working in Cloud Native technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, and OpenShift
- Knowledge in defining clean APIs and interfaces using web-service technologies (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Understanding of Microservice development (Spring Boot, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Basic knowledge of Java Script or any of its frameworks
- Understanding of CI/CD DevOps process (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Sound knowledge of AWS technologies
Java, J2EE, Spring Fmwk, Apigee, Okta, Kafka, OSB, Weblogic, Kubernetes, and Oracle to name a few
2022 major Roadmap and Priorities:
- New integration with lien holders, GAAP insurance providers, and title holders (financial institutions)
- Integration with payment providers for different use cases
- Integration with multiple insurance carriers and OEMs, including a major US carrier, moving to the customer’s solution
- Migration of API services from Oracle to Apigee/Okta
- Vehicle replacement offers for OEM
- Platform upgrade
- New APIs and integrations for APD and casualty business
- Collaborate within an Agile team environment to define, design, develop, and ship new features
- Work with the architects to develop new features for the product
- Work with other product teams to integrate with their products and the environments in which they may be run
- Ensure code is well-structured, maintainable, and of high quality
- Develop automated tests to ensure product quality
- Work with support to help resolve escalated issues and support sales and service engineers
- Be a team player who can collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the design process and easily adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Why Join Our Team:
- 120+ of the customer’s clients integrate via API
- Millions of transactions are processed per day
- Cross-functional collaboration with different teams in сustomer’s company
- Product development, account teams, implementation team, DevOps/Middleware, and IT operations
- Intersection of product development and customer implementation
- Developing APIs and workflow configurations
- Interaction with client’s development team to implement APIs
- Learning various сustomer’s product portfolios
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.