Senior Software Engineer
Job ID: 4498965004
LATAM - Any location
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join us and help expand our ever-growing list of enterprise customers.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 2000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The customer’s product is the leading platform for secure, location-powered operations and client experience solutions. Spanning the enterprise, consumer, SMB, and IoT markets, the platform is rapidly becoming the standard for real-time, secure location-sharing around the globe. As the service economy continues to expand, the platform is transforming the customer experience for Fortune 500 companies across food delivery, retail, field service, and package delivery industries. Providing real-time location tracking, ETA, and insights for impeding delivery or service events is rapidly evolving from an intriguing value-added service to a customer expectation.
The customer has partnered with many top-tier companies, including Amazon Echo, Blackberry, BMW/MINI, Comcast, Ford, Garmin, GM, Gogo Inflight, Google, Jaguar/Land Rover, Mercedes, Samsung, Verizon, Vodafone, and Volvo.
- Proven track record of developing fast, reliable, scalable distributed web services
- Experience with using Golang and Python to develop highly-scalable backend services
- Real-world experience using asynchronous and concurrent programming models
- Strong understanding of client-server development in a mobile environment
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g., unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, and continuous integration)
- Working knowledge of RESTful API design
- Working knowledge of large-scale data-tier building blocks (MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka, or analogous technologies)
- Desire to contribute back to open source projects
- BS in Computer Science or a related degree, or equivalent work history
Nice to Have:
- Experience with fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Experience with MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, and Kafka at scale
- Experience with big data design and technologies – Spark, Kafka, Nifi, Redshift, Airflow, or similar
- Experience with cloud deployed applications using Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration – Kubernetes, ECS, or similar
- Build and maintain high-performance, fault-tolerant, scalable distributed software systems in the context of cloud platform
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise
- Partner well with others to deliver integrated solutions with other teams. Able to self-manage simple engineering collaborations across teams and manage your delivery commitments
- Develop elegant solutions to complex problems using custom code and off-the-shelf solutions
- Take project ownership and guide other developers through design, review, and implementation
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.