Middle DevOps Engineer
Job ID: 4466687004
Hungary, Poland - Any location
Welcome Bonus $3000
We’re currently looking for a Middle DevOps Engineer to join our team.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 2000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About the Customer:
The сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The customer’s collective set of solutions inform decision-making, enhance productivity, and help clients deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago, and was named one of Forbes best mid-sized companies to work for in 2019 – an important accolade and retention tool for the 2,600+ full-time company employees (alongside 350 dedicated contractors).
The сompany’s corporate headquarters is in downtown Chicago in the historic Merchandise Mart – a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building that is also known to be a technology hub within the broader metro.
About the Project:
The project is an architectural and technological platform that provides common services to the customer’s partners and clients over APIs consumed as a service. The application development involves building highly available microservices that will be leveraged by partners and clients. The application provides guidance and technology selection and practices for cloud native, microservices patterns, and commonly used services.
- Experience to build a cloud native technology platform that integrates for applications running on hybrid cloud
- You’ll get to work with a cross-functional team
- You will learn customer’s business
Project Tech Stack:
Java 8+, AWS, Containerization (Docker&Kubernetes), DropWizard/Spring Boot, NoSQL (DynamoDB), Async Messaging (Kafka/ActiveMQ)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field
- 3+ years of hands-on DevOps experience
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Terraform, Ansible, or an equivalent
- Experience in CI/CD software deployment automation tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, Helm, Spinnaker, etc.)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is mandatory)
- Experience with building automated code pipelines for cloud-based applications
- Experience with building and deploying containers (Kubernetes, ECS, Mesos)
- Ability to design and maintain deployment processes in large environments
- Experience writing infrastructure code and following GIT process
- A working understanding of code and script (Java, Python, Node JS)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Docker Containers & Kubernetes
- Jenkins, Helm
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Kafka or Storm
- Experience with ELK or AppDynamics
- Strong experience with RDS/SQL, NoSQL databases
- Certifications in AWS; AWS DevOps certification
- Build, automate, and manage environment builds, releases, and deployments
- Build and maintain Infrastructure as Code
- Build automated CI/CD pipelines that follow git flow process, perform automated testing
- Develop an automated pipeline with different deployment strategies
- Ensure Infrastructure and systems are compliant with security and SOC standards
- Ability to anticipate and troubleshoot problems
- Participate in Platform maintenance and releases for production and pre-production environment
- Participate in disaster recovery and business continuity tests by performing documented recovery procedures for the platform
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.