Associate Java Developer
Job ID: 4408889004
Hungary, Poland - Any location
Or working remotely from any city in Poland/Hungary
Welcome Bonus $1500
We’re currently looking for an Associate Java Developer to join our innovative team!
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 2000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The customer is an American company based in Chicago. It accelerates digital transformation for the insurance and automotive industries with AI, IoT, and workflow solutions.
About Our Project:
The app enables consumers to capture and submit photos and videos of their damaged vehicle in a quick and efficient way. Insurance providers benefit from this self-service offering, since this enables them to rapidly get information from their customers, in effect reducing the overall cycle time for a claim to be settled. This app is the primary photo intake channel for all our products and therefore allows carriers to extend the efficiency even further.
The apps are supported by multiple back-end components and require an understanding of overall web application architecture. It’s a blend of a traditional server-based application and individual microservices. Understanding of application security and performance is also crucial for supporting the back end.
This solution is powered by different AI-based APIs that process the client data provided via app. These APIs are running as microservices on a hyper-scale server, and an understanding of API gateway, Nginx, Load balancer, and Okta would be an added advantage.
- It is a core project that provides a great learning opportunity with Java frameworks such as Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Dropwizard, etc. with cloud technologies like S3, EC2, IAM, Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, and SES
- You will get a unique experience on a blockchain project
- You’ll get to see development from scratch
Project Tech Stack:
Java 11, PostgreSQL, Spring Boot, Apache Kafka, Spring Cloud, OAuth2, and Redis
- 1+ years of experience using Java/Java EE
- 1+ years of experience with Hibernate ORM/JDBC/MyBatis/JdbcTemplate/etc.
- 1+ years of experience with RDBMS and SQL-language (MySQL/Oracle/SQL Server/PostgreSQL)
- 1+ years of practical experience with Spring Framework or/and Spring Boot
- Experience with source code management systems (GitHub/Bitbucket/etc.)
- Experience with build systems: Maven/Gradle
- Basic knowledge of HTML, XML, XSD, JSON
- Passion for working in a fast-paced Agile environment, delivering functional features in small timeframes
- A quick learner and keen to learn new technologies
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of defining clean APIs and interfaces using web-service technologies (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Understanding of Microservice development (Spring Boot, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Understanding of CI/CD DevOps (Jenkins)
- Basic knowledge of AWS technologies
- Basic knowledge of Servlets and JSP
- Good understanding of socket-level and multi-threading programming
- Actively participate in software development and automated unit testing
- Complete development tasks within agreed timebox
- Analyze and resolve software issues
- Interact effectively with project teams, managers, and end users
- Engage in ongoing professional development
- Grasp and apply new information quickly and handle increasing responsibilities with growing complexity
- Think creatively and innovatively and multitask effectively
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.