Senior Java Developer
Job ID: 4385302004
Hungary, Poland - Any location
Or working remotely from any city in Poland/Hungary
Welcome Bonus 4000$!
We’re currently looking for a passionate Senior Java Developer who is willing to grow into a full-stack developer (Java + JS)! We provide mentors and cover educational courses with certificates.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 2000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The customer is an American company based in Chicago with more than 40 years of experience in the P&C insurance industry. The customer moved to the cloud in 2003, and it began using its first ML algorithms as early as 10 years ago. The company accelerates digital transformation for the insurance and automotive industries with AI, IoT, and workflow solutions.
The core product is a comprehensive SaaS platform that consolidates about 30,000 stakeholders, namely insurance companies, repair facilities, auto manufacturers, lenders, fleets, and everyone involved in resolving critical moments following an accident.
Client team culture and development approach:
- People who are flexible and ready to learn new technologies
- Most importantly, good Java understanding and attitude to learn new things in order to keep pace with the rapidly changing development environment where new technologies need to be constantly implemented
- Cross-functional team where developers are expected to deliver both back-end and front-end code
- Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! The customer provides education courses for front-end technologies, the team adjusts the tasks at the start to allow you to gradually pick up the front end, and we provide experienced mentors from our side. You’ll have all the support you need for your professional development
About Our Projects:
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer on four customer projects.
- The first is a web and MDB application that leverages our breadth of claims data along with our AI technology to provide fraud alerts and insights within and across participating carriers. The fraudulent claims are reviewed by SIU (Special Investigations Unit) user to review all the matching claim data side by side with vehicle damage images using Smart Red Flag Compare UI. This allows the SIU user to make the decision to defer or act on the claim.
- The second is a communication product with a focus on seamlessly connecting different parties in the insurance market. The underlying framework is designed to handle all different modes of communication, to be flexible enough to meet a wide variety of client workflows, and to deeply integrate with the customer’s product ecosystem. The product dashboard is an accompanying web application that provides company representatives all the controls and tools they need to manage their conversations. The project offers a wide variety of interesting and complex work areas, including constructing powerful and intuitive UIs, flexible dynamic routing features, automated AI chatbot workflows, and much more.
- The third project is a web application that uses a data science model to predict the parts and labor that should have been on the repair and flags the items that are incorrect on a human written estimate. The model analyzes photos of the vehicle damage to arrive at this conclusion. This allows the estimate reviewer to focus on the most valuable items, improving their efficiency and the quality of their work. It involves a lot of mathematical calculations.
- The fourth is a Quick Estimate app, enabling consumers to capture and submit photos and videos of their damaged vehicle in a quick and efficient way. The insurance providers benefit from this self-service offering, since this enables them to rapidly get information from their customers, in effect reducing the overall cycle time for a claim to be settled. Quick Estimate is the primary photo intake channel for all our products and therefore allows carriers to extend the efficiency even further.
Reach out to our recruiter to find out more about the project tech stack, team composition, and educational process.
- 3+ years’ of practical experience in building scalable web applications, APIs, or enterprise applications using Java/Java EE
- 3+ years’ of practical experience with Hibernate ORM/MyBatis/JdbcTemplate/etc.
- 3+ years’ of practical experience in RDBMS and SQL-language (MySQL/Oracle/SQLServer/PostgreSQL). Basic understanding of DB Transactions
- 3+ years’ of practical experience in development SOAP or/and RESTful web-services
- 3+ years’ of practical experience with Spring Framework or/and Spring Boot (or other Java web-framework e.g. Apache Struts)
- Experience with source code management systems: GitHub/Bitbucket/etc.
- Experience with build systems: Maven/Gradle
- Good knowledge of HTML, XML, XSD, JSON
- Experience with one or more tools in automated and/or unit-testing (JUnit/Cucumber/Selenium/etc.)
- Experience developing and deploying web applications on servers like Apache Tomcat/WebLogic/JBoss/etc.
- Sound knowledge of IDEs and tooling like IntelliJ IDEA/Eclipse/SoapUI/Postman
Nice to have:
- Basic knowledge of JS technologies like AJAX, JQuery, etc.
- Experience working in Cloud Native technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, and OpenShift
- Knowledge of defining clean APIs and interfaces using web-service technologies (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Understanding of Microservice development (Spring Boot, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience with one or more tools in SAST and DAST technologies such as Fortify, Sonatype, WebInspect, or SonarQube
- Understanding CI/CD DevOps process (Jenkins/Bamboo/etc.)
- Sound knowledge of AWS technologies
- Experience with stream-processing in Apache Kafka
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum in a professional environment
- Collaborate within an Agile team environment to define, design, develop, and ship new features
- Work with the architects to develop new features for the product
- Work with other product teams to integrate with their products and the environments in which they may be run
- Ensure code is well-structured, maintainable, and of high quality
- Develop automated tests to ensure product quality
- Work with support to help resolve escalated issues and support sales and service engineers
- Be a team player who can collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the design process and easily adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments