Senior Java Developer
Job ID: 4351189004
Hungary, Poland - Any location
Or working remotely from any city in Poland/Hungary
Welcome bonus $4000
We are looking for experienced Senior Java Developer to join our team of professionals. This role will assist with tracking performance metrics and will integrate knowledge of business and functional priorities. It’s a key contributing role in a complex and crucial environment and may have dedicated responsibilities for one or more product features.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 2000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The customer’s collective set of solutions inform decision-making, enhance productivity, and help clients deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs, and was named one of Forbes best mid-sized companies to work for in 2019 – an important accolade and retention tool for the 2,600+ full-time company employees (alongside 350 dedicated contractors).
The сompany’s corporate headquarters is in downtown Chicago in the historic Merchandise Mart — a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building that is also known to be a technology hub within the broader metro area.
About Our Project:
The customer works on maintainance of and new feature enhancements for existing applications that power consumer digital interactions with repair facilities during the collision repair process. One of them is a consumer-facing website, which extends self-service capabilities to vehicle owners and drivers to find a collision repair shop, see their ratings and reviews, schedule an appointment, or even request an online photo estimate. As part of this, the customer also provides widgets to automotive body shop clients to add to their website. The right candidate will need to be fluent in both UI and back-end development, as well as possess a good understanding of SEO, since this is key to lead-generation for the site.
When you join our team, you’ll be immersed in a culture where teammates always help each other achieve better results. We believe that together we are greater and that we can find brilliant solutions by sharing ideas.
- At least five years of experience in Java software development with hands-on experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Understanding of business object modeling, data modeling, and application architecture
- Experience in unit testing, unit testing frameworks, and unit testing methodologies
- Experience in a pattern-based approach to software design; good knowledge of software design patterns
- Experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins or Hudson
- Some experience with building scalable platforms
- Experience working on relational databases and applications servers like Oracle, Weblogic, or similar
- Experience with performance tuning activities
- Quality-oriented, with focus on product delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, computer information systems, mathematics, or related work experience
Nice to have:
- Understanding of AWS, Docker & Kubernetes, Microservices and related architecture
- Be able to understand the architecture and technical design of application components
- Provide hands-on technical development of complex application features, both front end and back end
- Ensure code quality and testing guideline acceptance
- Be able to look beyond the status quo and identify areas of constant change/improvements
- Ensure on-time delivery of software components to production, within the scope of responsibilities
- Collaborate with product stakeholders to identify functional and nonfunctional requirements
- Showcase strong technical expertise and understand and follow best practices, procedures, and techniques
- Participate in open, frank discussions, especially in technical matters
- Work with Quality Assurance and Product Owner teams to ensure that software products meet functional and nonfunctional requirements
- Present and defend architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences
- Resolve production defects and issues
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Client Engagement team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.