Senior Big Data Engineer
Job ID: 4345721004
Georgia, Hungary, Lithuania, Poland, Uzbekistan - Any location
We are looking for a Senior Engineer, qualified in big data and AI. You will drive the design and implementation of our big data and AI stack using cutting edge technologies. You will operate as a subject matter expert on an engineering team devoted to real-time processing, analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 2000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
You will work with a global leader in actionable intelligence solutions. Today, over 10,000 organizations in more than 180 countries, including over 80 percent of the Fortune 100 companies and government agencies worldwide, use the customer’s actionable intelligence solutions to power their clients’ engagement and cyber intelligence operations.
With over two decades of experience helping more than 10,000 organizations worldwide create lasting value, the customer is a global leader in client engagement.
Moreover, your customer is a leading global provider of security and intelligence data mining software. Their intelligence-powered security product portfolio is deployed in over 100 countries, helping government, critical infrastructure, and enterprise organizations neutralize and prevent terror, crime, and cyber threats.
About Our Project:
The project is a client mobile application. The customer provides its clients with their own libraries for embedding in their software, which collects analytical data and sends the customer’s system to the enterprise. There is also a web portal where clients can configure the metrics they need and the statistics collected by the libraries. The mobile client allows you to view this data; the ability to edit is being developed. The mobile client is an iOS and an Android application. The metrics that are gathered and configured are the following: the level of satisfaction with the applications of the customer’s clients, feedback, and ratings.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- At least three years of relevant experience in a software development role, including experience with large-scale systems
- Experience with Spark, Cassandra, and Kafka, including performance tuning and troubleshooting production issues
- Expertise in Java and python
- Experience with reactive programming – Vertx
- Experience with ML techniques
- Experience working with AWS
- Successful completion of a background screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search, OFAC, and SS verification, as well as credit and drug screening where applicable and in accordance with federal and local regulations
- Ability to obtain the necessary credit line required to travel
Nice to have:
- Master’s degree in computer science
- Experience with building SaaS enterprise software
- Experience with Druid, Neo4J, TensorFlow, PySpark, Mesos DC/OS
- Develop the big data and AI stack from design to production, impacting all aspects of the system
- Performance-tune and scale the system
- Evaluate the latest technologies and make appropriate dependency choices
- Mentor junior engineers
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.