Middle Software Development Engineer in Test (Java)
Job ID: 4292340004
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Kiev, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
Welcome Bonus 3000$ (Middle)
We are looking for an experienced Middle Software Development Engineer in Test to join our team!
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1700+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The customer’s collective set of solutions inform decision-making, enhance productivity, and help clients deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago, and was named one of Forbes best mid-sized companies to work for in 2019 – an important accolade and retention tool for the 2,600+ full-time company employees (alongside 350 dedicated contractors).
The сompany’s corporate headquarters is in downtown Chicago in the historic Merchandise Mart – a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building that is also known to be a technology hub within the broader metro.
About Our Project:
The project involves an eCommerce platform where shop can purchase parts from 1000’s different suppliers. The parts team is responsible for getting the information from the suppliers on the vehicle parts, getting the prices, placing the order, invoicing the insurance companies. This is a fast-moving project where we are adding new functionality across different areas. Development and QA team follows Agile/ Scrum work environment and monthly releases are planned with new features.
Older services are SOAP based, new ones are REST based, also there is UI – that is the scope for automation.
They use Version 1 for logging tasks and for backlog. Separate parts of team – 1. Quick deliverables, where manual QAs mostly test 2. Long term
The project is now at the stage where the team separates manual and automation testing tasks between dedicated specialists. Before automated testers were supposed to combine manual and automation work.
Testing tasks involve the web services, web socket and ect. Knowledge of Java programming would be definitely beneficial. They have the testing framework already and the new team members will use it and keep developing it.
Project Tech Stack:
- Automation Tools – eclipse, Selenium, Ranorex, VS Code, Pentaho
- Performance Tools – JMeter
- Language – Nodejs, Java, C#
- Applications – Web, Desktop, Micro Services
- Framework – BDD with Cucumber
- Hands-on experience with Selenium and Java programming
- Knowledge of Cucumber framework
- Knowledge of performance testing
- Experience with test automation tools is a plus (Selenium, QTP, Test Complete, RFT, SilkTest, Ranorex, Jmeter, etc.)
- Minimum three years of quality assurance experience with testing commercial software
- Testing experience in an Agile environment
- Experience testing web services
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Familiarity with any defect tracking systems, version control systems, test management systems
- Working ability with Microsoft Office
- Ability to use design, programming, and analytical skills to solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to learn quickly and want to learn new technologies
- Ability to diagnose bugs and perform root cause analysis
- Ability to develop well-documented test plans and strategies for new development, as well as regression coverage across our entire product line
- Experience providing QA for mobile, web, and back end services
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Ability to develop automated testing programs and processes
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Review and analyze scope requirements and create detailed test plans
- Prepare test data and oversee readiness of test environments
- Perform functional and non-functional testing and analyze test results
- Identify and track defects to closure
- Create and update test artifacts (Test Strategy, Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Status) for newly developed and legacy applications
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.