Senior Data Engineer
Job ID: 4556501004
Hungary, Poland - Any location
Welcome Bonus $4000
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team. As a member of the Engineering team, you will work closely with data scientists and play a key role in designing and building state-of-the-art data platforms supporting the company’s predictive models of training and inferencing tasks.
The Data Engineer needs to be able to work with internal team members to clarify data requirements and work with software engineers on design and implementation details to achieve high-quality data ingestion goals. You need a passion for complex problems and enjoy the challenge of operating complex events and data streaming pipelines. In this role, you will be a technical expert with significant scope and impact. You will work closely with a group of Software Engineers, Product Managers, Data Scientists, and DevOps Engineers to create the data infrastructure and pipelines necessary to drive initiatives.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 2000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The customer’s collective set of solutions inform decision-making, enhance productivity, and help clients deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago, and was named one of Forbes best mid-sized companies to work for in 2019 – an important accolade and retention tool for the 2,600+ full-time company employees (alongside 350 dedicated contractors).
The сompany’s corporate headquarters is in downtown Chicago in the historic Merchandise Mart – a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building that is also known to be a technology hub within the broader metro.
About Our Project:
Safekeep is a business unit with focus on automating insurance claim subrogation across various insurance lines of business such as Auto, Workers Comp, Property, and General Liability.
Safekeep was originally established to solve for the following challenges in the subrogation business process:
Difficult to consistently identify claims with subrogation potential
Claim subrogation team size and turnover are challenging.- and only getting worst
Significant administrative costs and inefficiencies in highly manual legacy subrogation business units across carriers
Cross carrier interaction is nonstandard and manual
Safekeep is uniquely position to solve those challenges by:
Leverage AI/Machine Learning to detect subrogation opportunities which significantly reduce wasted cycles on the subrogation analyst side and open the door for opportunities for straight through processing.
Smart workflow engine, and UI built specifically for subrogation business process bringing all data points for decision-making and tracking of the recovery business process including building demand package, settlements, and payments.
Carrier to carrier collaboration on a digital platform to standard and stream line the interaction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years of industry experience in Software Development, Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, or a related field with a solid track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting values from large datasets
- Hands-on experience and highly advanced knowledge of SQL/Non-relational, Data Modeling, ETL Development leveraging Python and Data Warehousing
- Strong experience using big data technologies (Postgresql, Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark, etc.)
- Experience working with data streaming technologies (Kafka, Spark Streaming, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with Data Management and Data Storage best practices
- Proficiency in both written and verbal communication, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Experience owning a feature from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution
- Self-motivated and self-managed with strong organizational skills
Nice to Have:
- Master’s in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or other quantitative fields
- Background in financial services including banking, insurance, or an equivalent
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and 7+ years industry experience
- Industry experience as a Senior/Lead Data Engineer or related specialty with a track record of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large data sets
- Experience working with AWS big data technologies (Redshift, S3, EMR, Glue, etc.)
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Design, implement, and support scalable multi-tenant data infrastructure solutions to integrate with multi heterogeneous data sources; aggregate and retrieve data in a fast and secure mode; curate data that can be used in reporting, analysis, machine learning models, and ad-hoc data requests
- Designing and implementing complex ingestion and analysis pipelines and other BI solutions
- Interface with other engineering and ML teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL/Non-relational and big data technologies
- Work with customers to understand, gather, and analyze their data sources and define/implement the ingestion strategy
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Client Engagement team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker. You will not only be emotionally but also financially rewarded for mentoring
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments