Lead DevOps Engineer (Azure/AWS)
Job ID: 4214648004
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Poznan, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Kiev, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
Lithuania: Klaipeda, Vilnius
We’re in search of a Lead DevOps Engineer (Azure/AWS) to lead a team of domain engineers for the delivery of infrastructure solutions, which include the private and/or public cloud, virtualization, database, systems management tools, automation, networking etc.
The customer’s engineering team’s primary focus is to develop detailed low-level designs and deliver technical components and solutions in accordance with a predefined set of business requirements and outcomes as specified by solution and domain architects.
You will ensure the domain engineers leverage a standard set of enterprise-wide artifacts such as design patterns and standards and follow guiding design principles. You will also ensure the developed solutions or technical components deliver GBS strategic intent, and you will do all of this while meeting the solution requirements and providing business value. Your goal will be the development of automation to ensure consistent delivery of solutions and ongoing operations.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1700+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
Founded in the Netherlands over 180 years ago, the customer is a global leader in information services and expert solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance, and legal sectors. As of 2017, the company was recognized by Corporate Knights as one of the 100 most sustainable companies in the world. The company currently operates in over 150 countries.
About Our Project:
The project involves constructing business-facing apps in the public cloud.
Your team’s assignments will include all relevant code and detailed Low Level Design. Engineers will work closely with Architecture and Operations to ensure all solutions are seamlessly transitioned from build to run.
You’ll need to leverage a standard set of enterprise-wide artifacts such as Design Patterns and Standards and follow guiding design principles to deliver GBS strategic intent, all while providing business value.
- Develop best practices for code
- Develop and apply DevOps practices for engineers’ team
- Develop cloud-based services in Azure or/and AWS
- Develop common approaches for service development
- Work with a team, support team members with nascent questions and issues
- Work in close cooperation with Solution Architects to define the requirements (grooming)
- Review pull requests
- Present results during demos
- Provide technical leadership on the project
- Communicate with stakeholders, hold presentations, etc.
- Be strategic and tactical
- More than 5 years of IT experience
- Experience with DevOps and automation
- Experience in an engineering role supporting both Azure (60%) and AWS (40%)
- Experience with migrating datacenter workloads towards Azure and/or AWS
- Scripting skills with Python, Powershell
- Experience with tools: Ansible, Terraform, Chef
- Experience in software engineering
- Experience in a specific design domain
- Recent experience with the design and implementation of complex, highly available, and highly scalable solutions
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience with:
– cloud computing
– server/datacenter virtualization
– information security
– enterprise-wide architectural governance, architecture decisions, exceptions, standards, etc
– development of foundational reusable technology components
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps/Visual Studio Online
- Proficient in two or more of the following: C#, ASP.NET, PowerShell, Python, BASH, JSON
Advantages of Working With Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environment
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.