Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Job ID: 4194892004
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Poznan, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Kiev, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
Lithuania: Klaipeda, Vilnius
Currently we are looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer. Do you like writing mean and clean Ruby code? Come join our team and help us build amazing things. We’re looking for someone with a passion for programming and for writing beautiful code.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1700+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The customer provides products for mobile app solutions, effortless payment, paratransit, business travel, and advertising that reaches captive audiences of millions and traces its history of success back to 1992. They are creating a comprehensive mobility platform for operators to efficiently manage their vehicles and drivers, for regulators to be informed and establish guidelines, for service providers to deliver sustainable, future-proof solutions, and for riders to have an effortless transit experience.
About Our Project:
The project is a taxi ordering service. The user can hail a taxi and monitor its arrival, pay for a ride, and see their own trip history. The system contains the following components:
- ride server (all data processing);
- payment server (PCI DSS-compliant) which performs a transaction with the passenger’s digital wallet and payment gateways;
- mobile application (hail taxi, geocoding, map, payments);
- taxi terminal (3rd party).
The project includes integration with 3rd party services, including PayPal, MasterPass, Stripe, and Twillio.
- Three or more years of work experience as a Ruby on Rails developer
- Solid knowledge of relational databases including MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Strong background with delayed asynchronous job execution (RabbitMQ, Sidekiq, Resque, etc. in addition to Sneakers)
- Experience working with and developing REST API
- Experience in developing highly-interactive applications
- Good knowledge and understanding of object-oriented programming
- Good architectural sense and a passion for high-quality code
- Desire to develop new skills and improve existing skills
- Familiarity with version control systems (GIT)
- Experience with high load
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with TDD (minitest, rspec), Docker, CI/CD, Linux, and bash
Nice to have:
- Kubernetes / GKE
- Knowledge of rack-based app servers
- Practice with AWS and NoSQL databases like DynamoDB
- Acquaintance with in-memory databases (Memcached, Redis)
- Build, deploy, and maintain the application using Ruby on Rails, AWS, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and RabbitMQ
- Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, and code standards)
- Integrate with dispatch systems of taxi service providers and other third party services
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Think tactically and strategically
- Participate in meetings with the customer
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.