Middle Big Data Platform Administrator
Job ID: 4145761004
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Kiev, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
We’re looking for an experienced Middle Big Data Platform Administrator (Level 2) to join our international team!
In this role, you will help the Customer to transform their business analytics to create best-in-industry analytics capabilities. You will design, build, and maintain the Customer’s big data technologies, specifically providing support for our Big Data System environments. You will work closely with product/project teams, information engineers, and data scientists, as well as other infrastructure support teams.
We look for Engineers who, along with having Cloud Administrative experience, also like to learn new tools and technologies in an ever-changing big data landscape.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1700+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The customer’s collective set of solutions inform decision-making, enhance productivity, and help clients deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs, and was named one of Forbes best mid-sized companies to work for in 2019 – an important accolade and retention tool for the 2,600+ full-time company employees (alongside 350 dedicated contractors).
The сompany’s corporate headquarters is in downtown Chicago in the historic Merchandise Mart — a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building that is also known to be a technology hub within the broader metro area.
About Our Project:
The сustomer has been working on an analytics platform since 2018. The platform is on Hadoop and the Hortonworks Data Platform, and the сustomer is planning on moving it to Amazon EMR in 2021. The сustomer has a variety of products, the data for which comes into one data lake on this analytics platform; this allows the customer to perform next-generation analytics on the amassed data.
- Cross-product analytics
- Analytics for all of the Customer’s new products
- Quarterly Business Review meetings use data to explain how the Customer’s product is helping clients in their business
- You’ll get to work with a cross-functional team
- You will learn the Customer’s company business
Project Tech Stack:
Technologies used are all open source: Hadoop, Hive, PySpark, Airflow, and Kafka, to name a few
Three big data platform administrators based in the U.S. (Central Time). This team works together with other product teams to support them
Daily stand-ups at 9:30 CT. Bi-weekly 1:1 meeting with the team lead..
Must Have Qualifications:
2+ years of experience in maintaining mid- to large-scale business intelligence environments
- Knowledge of big data tools (any one of the following: HDFS, Hive, Sqoop, Zookeeper, Spark, MapReduce2, YARN, Tez, Kafka , Airflow, Dremio, Presto)
- Experience with cloud hosting (preferably AWS)
- Experience with Kubernetes or Docker
- Experience monitoring cloud-based systems
- Understand the Customer’s business, business systems, and impacts of infrastructure on business operations
- Install, maintain, upgrade, troubleshoot, and support cloud-based Hadoop clusters and related components
- Ensure cloud-based Hadoop clusters are implemented to meet the Customer’s standards and service level requirements
- Provide Hadoop problem-solving expertise, identify and mitigate root cause(s) of issues
- Provide performance tuning for AWS EMR Hadoop cluster environment
- Take responsibility for troubleshooting and development on big data technologies
- Document the Customer’s cloud-based Hadoop clusters
- Interact with BI team, developers, and architects to ensure big data applications are highly available and performant
- Lead and participate in technical incident calls to restore service related to Hadoop environment problems in production environments under time-bound situations
- Evaluate and recommend tools as appropriate
- Work in a highly collaborative environment
- Able to quickly understand both business and technical concepts, innovate, prioritize, and multitask
- Technical aptitude and problem solving skills, cooperative approach
- Able to self-motivate and self-manage with a high degree of analytical and intellectual curiosity
- A strong team member, willing to mentor others and communicate effectively
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environment
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.