Middle Java Developer
Job ID: 4135138004
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Kiev, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
We’re looking for a talented Middle Java Developer to join our team!
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1700+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The customer’s collective set of solutions inform decision-making, enhance productivity, and help clients deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago, and was named one of Forbes best mid-sized companies to work for in 2019 – an important accolade and retention tool for the 2,600+ full-time company employees (alongside 350 dedicated contractors).
About Our Project:
The team creates a software platform for the collection, analysis, processing, and reporting of automatically generated vehicle telemetry for new automobiles. These services process terabytes of information and integrate with artificial intelligence models to identify and assess crashes and their severity. Driver behavior, active safety features, and environmental conditions are just some of the data attributes collected and evaluated in real time. In the event of accidents, these services initiate automated responses in the form of emergency assistance, vehicle transport, a replacement vehicle, medical services, etc.
1 Lead Software Engineer, 2 Software Engineer, 1 DevOps Engineer, 1 AQA, and 1 Senior Product Owner
2 Software Engineers, 2 AQAs, and 1 Business Analyst
- Gain experience working with large data volumes and high-scale processing
- Gain experience in vehicle telematics
- Gain experience with microservices
- Project Tech Stack:
- Java 8+, AWS, Containerization (Docker & Kubernetes), DropWizard/Spring boot, No SQL (DynamoDB), and Async Messaging (Kafka/Active MQ)
Current Project Stage:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience developing Java-based applications.
- Good understanding of microservices-based software design and best practices
- Knowledge of software design patterns
- Experience with any of the following:
– NoSQL data stores, Relational DBs, Object stores, cache frameworks
– Docker / Kubernetes
– Drop wizard or Spring Boot
– Apache Kafka
- Familiarity with Git or another modern source repository
- Strong experience in unit testing principles and methodologies
- Experience in Agile and Scrum practices
- A quality-oriented mindset, focused on product delivery
- A strong capacity and desire to learn
- Proven ability to collaborate and proven ability to lead junior engineers
- Collaborate with product stakeholder teams to identify and implement functional and non-functional requirements
- Be responsible for on-time delivery of high-quality software and infrastructure components
- Work closely with engineering team members and architects to design, develop, and test all tiers of the application
- Participate in ongoing maintenance and support, including resolving any production issues/defects when needed
- Ensure that the services are built and deployed in an automated fashion
- Mentor and assist in the training and onboarding of other team members
- Participate in open, frank discussions, especially in technical matters, while giving and accepting feedback and constructive criticism
- Java EE
- Rest Web Services
- Drop Wizard or Spring Boot
Nice to Have:
- Web Service technologies:
- AWS technologies:
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.