Middle Big Data Engineer (Spark)
Job ID: 4103328004
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Poznan, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Kiev, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
Lithuania: Klaipeda, Vilnius
We’re looking for a Middle Big Data Engineer (Spark) to join our innovative company backed by great people!
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1700+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer and Project:
The customer is an oncology-focused health informatics solutions company with the mission to help patients get access to the best treatments by leveraging clinical and molecular data to accelerate the discovery, development, and delivery of tailored and more personalized therapies. Their approach is to transform cancer care through application of genome analysis of patient-derived tumor specimens, and translating novel molecular findings combined with clinical insights for the actualization of precision oncology therapeutics and diagnostics.
When you join our team, you’ll be immersed in a culture where teammates always help each other achieve better results. We believe that together we are greater and that we can find brilliant solutions by sharing ideas.
- 2+ years of recent experience in data engineering
- Expertise in leveraging Apache Spark
- Hands-on experience in T-SQL, Lambda functions
- Programming experience, ideally in Python, Java, Scala
- Experience with Azure ETL
- Nice to have: Data Factory, SSIS
- A solid track record of data management showing your flawless execution and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of and experience with statistics
- Knowledge of data cleaning, wrangling, visualization and reporting, with an understanding of the best, most efficient use of associated tools and applications to complete these tasks
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data
- A willingness to explore new alternatives or options to solve data mining issues, and utilize a combination of industry best practices, data innovations and your experience to get the job done
- Implement, maintain and operate data pipelines using Apache Spark
- Work closely with the engineering team to integrate your work into our production systems
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis
- Analyze processed data
- Support business decisions with ad hoc analysis as needed
- Monitor data performance and modifying infrastructure as needed
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees.
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place.
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.