Senior Java Back-End Engineer
Job ID: 4103095004
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Poznan, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Kiev, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
Lithuania: Klaipeda, Vilnius
We are looking for an experienced Senior Java Back-End Engineer who loves to solve complex problems across a full spectrum of latest technologies. Customer’s big data pipeline runs on an open-source container-orchestration platform in the cloud, connects to Cassandra, Kafka, Apache Druid, Exadata, Redis, and Elasticsearch. It currently handles half a billion events everyday and growing. You will have the opportunity to develop real-time, event-driven microservices with cloud agnostic architecture, as well as batch data processing via Spark.
The Senior Java Back-End Engineer will be a part of the Big Data team and responsible for developing event-driven microservices while improving the reliability, security, resilience, and performance of the Big Data pipeline. The Engineer will bring knowledge of software development using Java and Big Data technologies and contribute to daily operations including CI/CD.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About the Customer:
Founded in 2002, the customer is a New York-based analytics company, with 2,800 employees in various locations internationally. The company sells software and hardware products for client engagement management, security, surveillance, and business intelligence. The customer’s products are designed to assist clients in data analysis, specifically large data sets.
When you join our team, you’ll be immersed in a culture where teammates always help each other achieve better results. We believe that together we are greater and that we can find brilliant solutions by sharing ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 3+ years developing distributed systems or high-volume services using Java via vert.x
- Knowledge of Kafka and event-driven microservices development
- Knowledge of distributed data processing with Apache Spark
- Understanding of asynchronous programming using Java
- Experience in automating operational tasks through development and coding
- Hands-on experience using Maven, Jenkins, Git, JUnit
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of service mesh technologies: linkerd, istio
- Hands-on skills in Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Redis, Cassandra, Elasticsearch
- Familiarity with performance monitoring using Prometheus and Grafana
- Work within the Agile/Scrum team to design and build Java based microservices
- Write unit tests and contribute to integration as well as regression tests
- Improve availability and reliability of data streaming pipeline
- Develop automatic detection and remediation to prevent outages
- Develop build and deployment automation for microservices using CI/CD
- Participate in on-call support and troubleshoot production issues
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees.
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place.
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments.
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.