Senior/Lead Java Developer
Job ID: 4101795004
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Kiev, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
Welcome Bonus 5000$!
We’re looking for an experienced Senior/Lead Java Developer to join our friendly team!
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1700+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The customer’s collective set of solutions inform decision-making, enhance productivity, and help clients deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs, and was named one of Forbes best mid-sized companies to work for in 2019 – an important accolade and retention tool for the 2,600+ full-time company employees (alongside 350 dedicated contractors).
The сompany’s corporate headquarters is in downtown Chicago in the historic Merchandise Mart — a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building that is also known to be a technology hub within the broader metro area.
About Our Project:
The project is an architectural and technological platform that provides common services to the customer’s partners and clients over APIs consumed as a service. The application development involves building highly available microservices that will be leveraged by partners and clients. The application provides guidance and technology selection and practices for cloud native, microservices patterns, and commonly used services.
- Experience building a cloud native technology platform that integrates applications running on hybrid cloud
- Work with a cross-functional team
- Learn a Customer’s business
Project Team (2 Scrum teams):
1 Development Manager, 1 Software Engineer, 1 DevOps Engineer
2 Scrum Masters, 2 Senior Software Engineers, 2 Software Engineers, 2 Associate Software Engineers, 2 Automation QAs, and 2 DevOps Engineers
Project Tech Stack:
Java 8+, AWS, Containerization (Docker & Kubernetes), DropWizard, Spring Boot, NoSQL (DynamoDB), and Async Messaging (Kafka/ActiveMQ)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field
- 5-8+ years of experience in developing java based applications
- Good understanding of microservices based software design and best practices
- Knowledge of software design patterns
- Experience with any of the following:
– NoSQL data stores, Relational DBs, Object stores, cache frameworks
– Drop wizard or Spring Boot
– Apache Kafka
- Familiarity with Git or another modern source repository
- Strong experience in unit testing principles and methodologies
- Experience in Agile and Scrum practices
- A quality-oriented mindset focused on product delivery
- A strong capacity and desire to learn
- Proven ability to collaborate, proven ability to lead junior engineers
- Java EE
- Rest Web Services
- Spring Boot
Nice to Have:
- Web Service technologies: GraphQL, WebSockets
- AWS technologies: Lambda, Kinesis, Dynamo, Aurora
- Collaborate with product stakeholder teams to identify and implement functional and non-functional requirements
- Be responsible for on-time delivery of high-quality software and infrastructure components
- Work closely with engineering team members and architects to design, develop, and test all tiers of the application
- Participate in ongoing maintenance and support, including resolving any production issues/defects when needed
- Ensure that the services are built and deployed in an automated fashion
- Evaluate and prototype new products and capabilities and provide insight on resulting value propositions
- Monitor industry trends on web technologies and related concerns to aid with roadmap planning and risk mitigation
- Mentor and assist in the training and onboarding of other team members
- Participate in open, frank discussions, especially in technical matters, while giving and accepting feedback and constructive criticism
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environment
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.