Middle Perl Developer
Job ID: 4099894004
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Poznan, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Kiev, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
Lithuania: Klaipeda, Vilnius
We are looking for an experienced Middle Perl Developer to come join our team! You will solve some of education’s hardest problems at cloud-scale. By using a stack that includes Perl, Docker, Node.js, React, and AWS, you will help our customer change the way that teachers teach and students learn.
If that sounds interesting, we should talk.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1500+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The customer is an educational technology company based in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is the developer and publisher of a web-based learning management system and a massive open online course (MOOC) platform. Millions of students and teachers around the world use the customer’s products.
About Our Project:
AB is the leading online provider of educational standards in the US, focused primarily on early learning and K-12 standards. As well as providing a common digital format for educational standards, AB also adds valuable metadata to each standard to facilitate easy alignment of teaching materials. A robust API (AB Connect) allows customers to programmatically request and process information about these standards in their applications.
AB is hosted in AWS and primarily uses a LAMP stack, augmented with several other specialized technologies, such as Elasticsearch and AWS Sagemaker. The Customer is looking to further improve the user experience for AB customers by incorporating more modern front-end frameworks and widgets to allow standards functionality to be embedded in customer systems more easily.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in Node.js, React stack or Perl
- Desire to work with Perl
- Experience with Docker and AWS
- Experience with cloud-hosted, high-traffic applications
- A preference for action, desire for ownership, and love for problem-solving
- Experience in multiple programming languages (with interest in learning more)
- Demonstrated excellence in programming, debugging, architecture, and devops — the customer’s engineers design, build, and deploy their own code
- Strong communication skills
- Support and enhance a stable Perl codebase and build robust new functionality using Node/React
- Ensure products can operate in the cloud at the scale needed by clients
- Apply software development best practices for development (e.g. SOLID, Design Patterns, TDD, BDD) and configuration management tasks
- Constructively discuss, challenge, and negotiate the best solution to deliver value to the client
- Work in an Agile software development environment with distributed teams using Scrum
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environment
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.