Automation QA Engineer
Job ID: 4098560004
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Kiev, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
Welcome Bonus $3000
Are you looking for a position of an Automation QA Engineer in an experienced and supportive cross-disciplinary team? Then we are waiting for you! Together we will conceive, design, and develop top notch innovative products for the Customer’s clients. We’d welcome a flexible and responsive person able to succeed in an open, collaborative environment.
In this role, you will produce effective and thorough automated tests along with test harnesses and other tooling. The automated tests and tools you will develop should expose defects in production level code as well as defects in specific components and integrations. You should be able to communicate clearly and effectively. It is necessary to define test plans, test specifications, and test cases, as well as design tools for unit, functional, and performance testing in a programmatic manner.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1400+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The customer’s collective set of solutions inform decision-making, enhance productivity, and help clients deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago, and was named one of Forbes best mid-sized companies to work for in 2019 – an important accolade and retention tool for the 2,600+ full-time company employees (alongside 350 dedicated contractors).
The сompany’s corporate headquarters is in downtown Chicago in the historic Merchandise Mart — a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building that is also known to be a technology hub within the broader metro.
About Our Project:
The aim of the product is to increase the efficiency of the claim processing lifecycle by processing the claims for insurance carriers “straight through”, without human intervention. This is the first digital AI estimating platform built in the customer’s company and is orchestrated by a service pipeline architecture. This AI-powered claims suite encompasses the customer’s core workflow applications/products and brand-new service functions to provide flexible technology for touchless, guided, and conventional claims processing. The AI-based tool assesses total cost of repair in accordance with insurance carrier rules and engagement guidelines, and intends to eventually replace human decision-driven claims processing as applicable.
The team processes AI information by using an engine that examines the prediction data and understands what the predictions are about. This creates an output that will be sent by the insurance carriers towards the clients. The product takes into account numerous variables, including type of vehicle, type of insurance, etc.
Most of the code is developed as microservices to be distributed inside the Customer’s company and then used by external users.
- 2+ years of software development and debugging experience in C#
- Experience in API testing
- Experience with agile methodologies and continuous integration
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses
- Experience building and designing test cases including knowledge of test methodologies
- Understanding of web applications
- Experience in planning and executing regression tests
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong analytical skills
Nice to have:
- Understanding of Windows desktop applications (.NET)
- Prior experience with Selenium/Appium and MSTest/xUnit test framework
- Experience testing web, phone, or tablet technologies (iPhone, Android)
- Experience testing software for online/connected and offline/disconnected use
- Experience in creating automation test plan & test strategy documents
- Load/performance tests using MS Load test or JMeter.
- Create unit, functional, regression, and performance tests
- Develop, enhance, and maintain automation tests for web services, web applications, desktop applications, and framework libraries
- Run tests from Azure DevOps build/release pipelines and test plans
- Conduct regular code reviews to ensure that best coding practices are followed
- Help identify code coverage gaps and develop quality automation code to fill the gaps
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environment
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.