Senior Power BI Developer
Job ID: 4088306004
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Poznan, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Kiev, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
Lithuania: Klaipeda, Vilnius
We’re looking for a bright-minded Senior Power BI Developer to join our team of professionals!
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1400+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
You will work with an international management consulting firm that focuses on retail services. The company is headquartered in New York City with 60+ offices in the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East and employs over 4,500 professionals.
About Our Project:
You will be joining the customer’s product team. There, you’ll help build one of the customer’s suites of analytics tools. These provide invaluable insight and decision support for some of the toughest problems of some of the world’s largest retail companies. You will help create advanced reports and models that provide these key insights, leveraging large datasets and embedding them within advanced web UIs.
A two person team is currently working on building reports using PowerBI in Azure. These reports essentially pull data from the SQL data warehouse to provide insight to the customer’s users. These will be rendered using PowerBI Embedded on pages within the current tool suite.
- The customer’s team has a couple of proof of concept level reports completed
- The customer’s team has a pretty solid data model and a basic deploy pipeline in place
- The reports they have completed are still quite basic and require both new features and significant polishing of the UI elements (e.g. improving the layout, making fonts, colours, and styling consistent with the app)
- The customer’s team has a number (4-5 or so) of additional reports to build based on the same data model
- After an initial push to get a first version of these reports in place, the customer will likely have an ongoing need for further development or customization of reports
Nice to have:
- Would be great if beyond the technical you could also contribute to the design and meaning of reports and have an eye for what makes a good user experience
- Experience with Power BI Embedded
- Knowledge of different Power BI capacities
- Knowledge of upper size limits for Power BI datasets & best practices to reduce size of datasets
- Knowledge of Power BI performance with large volumes of data (1-5 billion rows for main fact table)
- Power BI Incremental refresh
- Ability to manage different versions of datasets & reports and promote those through different tiers
- Previous use of Power BI API for managing reports & datasets using Powershell
- Experience building models and reports
- Good communication skills are crucial. Developers work closely together on designing features, doing code review, and making plans for new featurues. Being able to communicate clearly, disagree constructively, and give positive critical feedback are key skills for this role.
- You’ll be part of a Scrum team and will take part in standard ceremonies
- We use JIRA, Confluence and Google docs for managing project processes
- Ability to provide guidance on how to implement things and spot what’s difficult or impossible to achieve
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain Power BI report solutions
- Сreate new Power BI dashboards
- Сreate dashboards for mobile view
- Write and execute queries upon request for data
- Test products for accuracy prior to deployment
- Continuously improve performance and reliability of reports
- Recommend additional options for reporting and analytics
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environment
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.