Machine Learning Engineer
Job ID: 4088172004
United States: Boulder
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to help us create artificial intelligence products.
Machine Learning Engineer responsibilities include creating machine learning models and retraining systems. To do this job successfully, you need exceptional skills in statistics and programming. If you also have knowledge of data science and software engineering, we’d like to meet you.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1400+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The customer is a leader in actionable analytics for sales effectiveness. It is revolutionizing how field sales teams make their day-to-day decisions, providing them with real-time, in-context, and in-workflow smart suggestions that have been shown to meaningfully improve rep performance. Smart suggestions, driven by data, help reps better navigate sales decisions such as which prospects to call, when and where to call on them, what products to position, which messages to use, and why.
About Our Project:
Our ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of Big Data and ML; specifically, how to organize and architect ML modules. Our ML-specialized team only works on ML projects and has active and case-studies proven ML modules in production (and is working on new ones all the time). We’re looking for a talented professional to bring strong architectural advice to the table.
ML modules in the Customer’s company are undergoing real case-studies after deployment to prove the concept. And the results are driving real-world engagement increase. For reference – “just” 4% engagement increase is a huge win in a multi-billion and highly competitive industry.
The Customer started as a provider of smart suggestions to pharma sales about the ways they do engagements. Initially, 100% of engagements were done on statically coded business rules, defined per customer via iterative engagement with the latter. Now, more and more modules are getting ML-driven enhancements on top of those static rules. So, at the moment, engagements are done through a combination of methodology. For example, the engine decides that it is time to send an email to a doctor, but ML model decides which template is more likely to appeal to a given doctor and which days they most often open promotional materials as opposed to which days they never read them. The same can be done in regards to real visits, medical conference invites, etc.
This is a dedicated scrum team with about 5 engineers (several ML-related PhDs among them), 2 QAs, and a scrum master.
- Proven experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or similar role
- Big Data experience
- Extensive knowledge of ML frameworks, libraries, data structures, data modeling
- Able to organize and architect ML modules
- In-depth knowledge of mathematics, statistics, and algorithms
- Superb analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent time management and organizational abilities
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar field
- Study and transform data science prototypes
- Design machine learning systems
- Research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools
- Develop machine learning applications, according to requirements
- Select appropriate datasets and data representation methods
- Run machine learning tests and experiments
- Use test results to perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning
- Train and retrain systems when necessary
- Extend existing ML libraries and frameworks
- Keep abreast of developments in the field
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projectsYou can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environment
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.