Junior Database Engineer
Job ID: 4087949004
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Poznan, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Kiev, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
Lithuania: Klaipeda, Vilnius
The Customer’s data engineers are the backbone of his company. They have the unique combination of business acumen needed to interface directly with key client stakeholders to understand their needs, along with the skills and vision to translate the needs into a world-class technical solution using the latest technologies.
In this role, you need to be equally skilled with the whiteboard and the keyboard. You will work side-by-side with key client stakeholders to envision, design, and implement complex technical solutions. You will help the Customer develop solutions and capabilities that help differentiate their company and give it an edge in the market.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1400+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The customer helps the world’s leading brands harness data, technology, and creativity to rapidly transform great ideas into digital experiences. They offer data services, such as big data, NoSQL, predictive analytics, business intelligence, IT integration, and mobile development on all devices. The company also provides creative services, including UX and UI design and advanced touch and interaction solutions. They offer interactive solutions for airports, healthcare settings, and boardrooms, including airport fire training research classrooms for desktops. The company is headquartered in Plano, Texas.
- Work alongside senior leadership to help develop business and technical strategy for the Customer’s data and analytics practice
- Work with existing and prospective clients to understand their individual business contexts and craft best-in-class solutions to their toughest problems
- Architect and implement best-in-class solutions using technologies such as Spark, dbt, Kafka, Airflow, Google Cloud DataFlow, BigQuery, Snowflake, and Amazon Kinesis/RedShift, among others
- Create robust and automated pipelines to ingest and process structured and unstructured data, from source systems into analytical platforms, using batch and streaming mechanisms
- Work with data scientists to operationalize and scale machine learning training and scoring components by joining and aggregating data from multiple datasets to produce complex models and low-latency feature stores
- Leverage graph databases and other NoSQL data stores to accomplish tasks that are not possible with traditional databases
- Contribute to content and thought leadership that can be published on the Customer’s blog or website, or that can be presented at relevant conferences
- Assist in the development of proposals and other business development-related materials
- Contribute to an internal knowledge base to build expertise and awareness within the organization
- Other duties as assigned
- 1+ years in key aspects of software engineering, such as parallel data processing, data flows, REST APIs, JSON, XML, and microservice architectures
- 2+ years of Python experience
- 2+ years of RDBMS concepts with strong SQL skills
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Collegial and collaborative working style
- Must be a self-starter and team player, capable of working and communicating with internal teams as well as client resources
- Some consulting experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for technology with a strong desire to constantly be learning and honing your craft
- An understanding of what it takes to make a modern data solution production-ready, including operations and monitoring strategies and tools
- Detail-oriented, with curiosity that compels you to dive deep into the problem, whether to identify the root cause of a quality issue or to understand hidden patterns
- Understanding and experience with stream processing and analytics tools and technologies such as Kafka, Spark Streaming, Storm, Flink, etc.
- Experience working in a scrum/agile environment and associated tools (Jira)
- Proficient with application build and continuous integration tools (e.g., Maven, Gradle, SBT, Jenkins, Git, etc.)
- General knowledge of big data and analytics solutions provided by major public cloud vendors (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure)
- Hands-on experience with DevOps solutions such as Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, CloudFormation, etc.
- Any certifications related to Big Data platforms, NoSQL databases, or cloud providers are a plus
- Experience with large datasets and associated needs, such as tuning and troubleshooting
- Ability to wrangle data at scale using tools such as BigQuery, Spark, and other distributed data processing tools
- Experience with customer and marketing analytics is a plus
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environment
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.